Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas come and gone for another year  (Read 1578 times)

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Christmas come and gone for another year
« on: December 26, 2019, 08:10:29 pm »

Hi all well that's it all over but what did Santa bring you? I got some bench tools from Amati just right for my Amati build. A new camera and Zona razor saw blades. Hope you got all you asked for.

Stan. O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
Re: Christmas come and gone for another year
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 09:59:09 pm »

Well got some things I wished for- a proper camera bag for one.
I got some boaty related books about HMS Belfast, and Coastal Steamers.
Some model related books showing how to weather, etc.
And some matchmaker chocolates to nibble on between reading the books! :-))
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Ralph

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 10:35:02 pm »

Various bits and pieces and goodies, but most relevant here is the Tamiya 1:350 kit of HMS Prince of Wales which will be a nice relaxing model to build and convert to RC (tank steering with 2 converted servos to drive it and 4 AA batteries for power).

Hope everyone had a good Xmas and all the best for 2020.

Ralph

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 11:50:19 pm »

I got what I never wanted me and the wife have been in bed for the last two days with flu so Christmas day and boxing day brother-in-law and family was coming down from the north-east to,  so its all been cancelled this year and I hate new-year. hope you lots had a goodin. instead of whisky I have a bottle of covonia
              Regards Howard

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 05:21:00 pm »

the only pressie was a bassetts sweets tub, the present to my self though was a Lidl parkside scroll saw
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 11:41:19 am »

Finally got to use this yesterday, took a while trying to figure out how to get the guard to fit as removing the blade was not as simple as the instructions showed.

I had a 1410 mm long piece of wood to fit between the kitchen window sill and the worktop at the sink, after the worktop was replaced last year I thought to fill the gap, finally decided to do it whilst off  %) , you can see the black gap under the sill where the bowsprite yard is.

Piece of lining paper (great stuff for odd jobs and big enough to use as draughting paper if ever I wanted to draw something longer than usual), I cut a length off over 1410 mm long and cut a strip about 50 mm wide along the edge, taped the it so the papers straight edge was on the flat work surface and the cut edge was taped to the window sill, and marked where the underside of the sill was, then cut along the mark, checked it again to be sure and affixed it to the back of some wood I had been moving around the loft, it wasn't 1410 long so a small 211 mm piece had to be found from the wood, easy as I had to rip the wood down one side to 35 mm, this was the main length, the remain side of the wood had two holes in it but after cutting the end hole off the clear bit was well over 200 mm so that was cut out, laying both end to end and spraying some adhesive on I affixed the template on the wood in reverse, using the template as a guide I scroll sawed the two pieces.

Fitting was a problem as the thickness of the wood was too much to allow for it to fit between the sill and the metal sink, so I had to rip the wood in half using a circular saw, all I can say is I need a lot more practice with the scroll saw, the cut was not bad but drift along the template didn't help and the gaps were up to 3 mm in some places, it's fitted and looks reasonable, primer and paint will make it better, silicon on the worktop will stop the water from the sink seeping under, whereas originally there was nothing to stop it.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.