Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AMERA SHELTER DECK TRAWLER  (Read 1236 times)

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
AMERA SHELTER DECK TRAWLER
« on: January 02, 2020, 03:44:53 pm »

OK, as I got 3 kits for christmas, I thought I would show what you get in the kits
the Shelter deck and the fishing boat appear to have the same hull so one has
each boat has a hull, deck superstructure, rudder post and rudder (vac formed) doweling/rigging where required and deck fittings as well as a sheet of plasticard
As per MAYHEM rules. these will be posted individually.
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

RST

Re: AMERA SHELTER DECK TRAWLER
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 08:43:10 pm »

Just to add with some little effort and basic ingenuity you can turn this into a reasonable stand-off representative.  I think the original concept is "wanderer" which by complete co-incidence is registered INSxxx -where I live anyway.

I'm not taking mine any further as other interests prevail.  My only dissapointment trying to use some commercial parts is with the stnchions -and at this scale they're round, whereas they're flat to be prototypical.  But without a pillar drill I proceded.  I slightly extended the shelterdeck on mine to hide the fact it was based on bsic PS mouling..

RST

Re: AMERA SHELTER DECK TRAWLER
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 08:51:20 pm »

PS you might find the wheelhouse moulding is very thin. It cuts ok so long as you're careful but as I was adding things, the minute I touched it with normal solvent from a small brush some parts of the original moulding just distorted and broke presumably due to the residual stress of vac forming.  Amera made my second moulding a bit thicker on request do if you have problems you won't be the first.  I haven't used my thicker moulding yet but it is entirely more usable on inspection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.