Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Norfolk  (Read 2861 times)

doug.g

HMS Norfolk
« on: June 07, 2006, 05:54:13 pm »

Hi All

I have recently purchased a hull and plans for a Fleetscale type 23 from Ebay it came with 3 sheets of plans but no information on the lower deck layout for below the helipad.
If anyone can give me some direction or assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
Doug

Daryl

Re: HMS Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 08:38:26 pm »

If you are around Devonport on this August bank holiday the RN opens its base to the public. We are going as we have a hull of a type 22 and my son wants to build it as HMS Cumberland who will be there. I know there are going to be at least one type 23 open to the public to its an ideal time to take lots of pictures, which the RN don't mind, in fact we have found them very helpful when you explain why you are taking a picture of the vents etc.

Hope this helps

Daryl

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:31:28 pm »

I havent forgotten Doug, just not been into Portsmouth yet.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

doug.g

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 05:57:44 pm »

No problems and thanks Bob i am still aways off as yet. If there is anyone going to Devonport and is will to share some photos with me that would be great. I am here in the United Arab Emirates and have seen a type 23 in harbour whilst doing a test flight but have been unable to get a look at one close up there is always alot of security and red tape which is very understandable. I think a trip to the UK in the new year may have to be penciled in, I havent been there as yet but from this forum and Model Boats it is a definite place to visit just to look at some of the clubs and shops there.

Doug G

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 09:14:20 pm »

Have you tried contacting Dave Wooley, he has a lot of pics and access to lots of places, he has joined this forum too.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Welsh_Druid

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 09:50:07 pm »

Stern view of a Type 23. Not much detail but may help ?

Daryl

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 10:42:00 pm »

have you tried the Royal Navy web site they have a link to the MOD photo site, usefull for all modern RN ships. Another good web site is navyphotos.co.uk

Daryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.