Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ST Cervia .....UP FOR SALE  (Read 2229 times)

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
ST Cervia .....UP FOR SALE
« on: January 19, 2020, 05:05:24 pm »

I know have been asleep for a while but completely missed this item.

ramsgates-steam-tug-cervia-is-up-for-sale

It seems that the Trustees have defaulted on their obligation to provide a financial statement in time and the Charities Commission pulled the plug.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
Re: ST Cervia .....UP FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:15:23 pm »

I remember seeing her about18 years ago in Ramsgate dry dock, she had all ready sunk a couple of times then down there. Looking at her , my general impression then was she needed a new hull or be scrapped as she was so far gone.

TugCowboy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 01:38:14 pm »

According to both their Charities Commission listing and the Companies house one all their accounts and returns are up-to-date.

Income last year was way down and spending significantly up. I'd imagine if they have no way to raise income this year (let's be honest, that's the case for a lot of attractions and the like this year) then I suspect they've just got no way of keeping it viable and have to try off load it.
Steam Tug Challenge just recently had a hull inspection and repaint only to have it's new berth taken away from it at the last moment.
Independent historic small ships are really having a tough time of it in the UK at the moment. There's no where safe to keep them and people just don't have the level of interest to keep the money coming into them to safely maintain such a machine.

I wish there was something that could be done about it but the fact is they are expensive to look after and don't attract too much in the way of funds.

DHutch

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 01:50:04 pm »

I wish her the best, but its not easy to look after and pay for these lovely boats.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.