Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: International Model Boat Show 2020  (Read 3131 times)

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
International Model Boat Show 2020
« on: January 22, 2020, 04:04:40 pm »

Hi Everyone,We are starting to plan for the 2020 show (7th & 8th November) and are already starting dialogues with some potential exhibitors of very interesting models. If you have something that has a unique appeal and want to be considered as an individual entry (i.e. not part of a Club display) then send me a PM (personal mail) via this forum stating what you would like to enter and why it is worthy of consideration.
This will probably be limited to 10 models and they would need to be on display for both days.
I look forward to hearing from you.
We are also looking at some other ideas ..... so stand by for more announcements soon.
Steve DeanPool Mast & Commentator.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: International Model Boat Show 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 05:46:02 pm »

Great stuff Steve, we appreciate all your efforts!
   O0
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 06:31:53 pm »

Hi Everyone,We are looking for a model(s) of the SS Great Britain for this years show as part of a celebration display. What have you got?Please send me a personal mail (PM) via this forum, with details of what you have and I will contact you for a chat.ThanksSteve Dean, Pool Master & Commentator.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 09:40:19 am »

Just got this email from the Orgineser.
Dear Colleague,

I hope you and your members are well during these very unusual times.As you were perhaps expecting, we have regrettably had to take the decision to cancel the International Model Boat Show as a result of the impact of Covid-19.
The decision to cancel the event until November 2021 ensures safety and will enable the team to deliver the highly popular event without compromise next year.Like many other organisers we have been watching the criteria for events unfold.  Venues are only currently planned to reopen from 1st October subject to successful outcomes of the mass gathering pilot studies.   There are also ongoing government restrictions in place for the continuing management of this pandemic which are subject to change at any time.
We are positive that considerable social distancing measures will need to be in place regardless.  We feel these would have a significant impact on our ability to present the event to the normal size and format for everyone’s enjoyment. Therefore, we have come to the sensible and responsible decision to cancel the event until November 2021.
We are aware that our loyal supporters will be disappointed with this decision but it would not be right to organise an event that does not meet the high expectations that have been set over the last 22 years.

We will be in touch in with all the details for next year’s show in the coming months and in the meantime we hope you stay safe.

Kind regards

Avril

Avril Spence
Exhibition Manager

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Oxford Model Boat Club
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 12:04:27 pm »

That's a real shame, I was looking forward to it. I have already started my list of things to buy there and have been putting money aside for the event.

Ruining perfectly good kits since 1969.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 02:19:24 pm »

Great shame but I am afraid that it was hardly unexpected. I cannot see any exhibition happening until at least Easter 2021.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 02:27:44 pm »

Blackpool as it stands is still on.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 09:36:30 pm »

Blackpool as it stands is still on.

Ian has not confirmed that. He hopes to put the show on. I hope it happens but please dont give out wrong info .John]

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 08:07:03 am »

Ian has not confirmed that. He hopes to put the show on. I hope it happens but please dont give out wrong info .John]

Not giving out wrong info according to the shows own website as it stands at this moment in time, even a count down clock..

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 09:57:21 am »

I wish them well and hope that it is a great success but I certainly wouldn't be booking any non refundable travel or accommodation even if I felt it was safe for me to go - which I don't and won't.7

I do however hope to go virtually by studying any posted pictures.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.