Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MUIMOTA TUG  (Read 1954 times)

bridgend

• Shipmate
MUIMOTA TUG
« on: February 04, 2020, 07:49:00 pm »

Hello, I have been a member of this club for a few years now ,but stopped using it when I became ill. However I have just had my 86th birthday and my wife bought me a muimota tug off ebay which is in very nice condition and I have spent the last 4 days getting all the paint off the metal portholes, hand rails and ladders and back to brass . Don't think it has ever been in the water . the only thing that is missing is the funnel, So hoping someone can let me know the height and diameter of the funnel, will also need remote controllers  etc but not sure of what is required.It has 2 electric motors but nothing else ...  looking forward to using it on our local pond  Thank you for reading this and looking forward to any replies  ALAN

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
Re: MUIMOTA TUG
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 04:57:51 pm »

Welcome back Alan,
The Funnel dimensions will be different for Different size Scale Tugs.
How long is your one.

Len. 

bridgend

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 05:09:52 pm »

Hi Ken thank you for your reply  My model is  1/25th scale and 47 inches long 12 wide MUIMOTA TUG all wooden hull, there are several on ebay etc but I cannot determine the size of the funnel from the pics, Alan 

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 05:26:05 pm »

That will be a beast to lift.

Oh and its Len not Ken. %)

tugboyben

• Kirkleesmodelboatclub
  • Full Mayhemer
  • HIGHNOON TUG BOAT
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 06:33:13 pm »

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 05:08:58 pm »

There is another Thread on here regarding this Tug.

bridgend

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 03:32:49 pm »

Hi  Yes its the same as mine but mine does not have a funnel , but the one i bought off ebay last week is in better condition than this one in that all my hand rails are intact, and no dammage at all .  It was on ebay for £150  [ or make a offer ] i offered £80 and got it. It has two motors that look the same as in your photo but will have to find out just what i need to make it run in remote controle , Thank you for your help   Alan

RST

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 12:51:03 am »

Hi,

I did some basic looking.  There are litings of this -but they are withdrawn now and thay are all the same model minus funnel, whih I think is the model you have now?

No matter, I was surprised how many models of this there actually is.  There's just so many pictures out there on Google.

If you're still struggling and would accept anything wihin a few mm or so:
Take a side pic and scale-off something like the back of the weelhouse you have.  Just take a point of referece and scale out.

I realise I'm talking something "easy" in my mind -sounds like you might struggle.  Not sure what to suggest else wise.

Rich

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 08:09:23 am »

I had one of these in the mid 80's. a weighty beast she certainly was, but had a presence on the water and was different even then.
in my own little world

bridgend

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 06:00:16 pm »

Thank you for your replies, The boat is not heavy at all i am 86 and can lift it with one finger . It is built of wood planks on a wooden frame so very light , I have just spent 10 hours scraping the alumnium paint of of all the porthols / railings / and anything else to get it all back to brass , I cannot understand why anyone would want to paint brass items , you may as well buy plastic [ yuck ] and its looking good.  the winch on the front is made of brass or copper and heavy ,now all clean and polished. Got the lights up and working as well. So electrics for remote controle  next, which i know very little about , still the two motors are working so will have to try to get some advice on what i need.  Thanks again lads

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 04:00:35 pm »

A Tug 47" long will need a LOT of Ballast/Gel Cell Batteries to get it down floating on the Waterline.

bridgend

• Shipmate
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 10:17:31 am »

Hi, I know its a bit late to reply to your Muimota  Tug,but I bought a muimota tug of ebay a year ago. This was also missing the funnel However a few days later I got a parcel from the seller with lots of bits that he found [ all new and unused ] And the funnel was one of the pieces so well pleased.with this seller ,and the smoke stack dimentions are...Length= 81/4 inches... 6cm  inside width...   Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.