Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Home made board games  (Read 1017 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Home made board games
« on: March 25, 2020, 04:33:19 pm »

As a change from modelling, I decided to make my own version of a board game I liked when I was young, formula 1, my brother had it and we played it a few times. Having done some research online, I was able to print out steering wheels in different colours, after removing the needles on photoshop. The steering wheels were stuck onto cardboard and I drew the main board (racetrack) onto card and coloured the board similar to the original. Micro machines cars bought from ebay provided the 'counters'. I had to join a board game website to get pictures of the rest of the game components, ending up with a pretty good, workable copy of the original game, I even made up a(much) larger track for it. I have still to finish this one off tho. I also made a smaller version for 2 players. Bit of a different project for me, but highly enjoyable as I like drawing.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Home made board games
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 04:35:14 pm »

I also drew up a board for another game I had when I was younger, Barricade. Counters and dice came from a compendium of games that I have. I drew the board from memory and when I eventually found the game online, it turned out my version was correct, my memory must be ok then! Lol. Good game, bit like ludo, but you can place barricades on the board to slow the opponents progress towards 'home'. I highly recommend this game, you can play either to just get one counter to home, or the longer, more challenging version where you have to get all 5 of your counters home.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 09:56:19 pm »

Our son developed a computer version of Canasta and is now trying to program it for on line playing.  O0

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 10:14:05 pm »

When I was looking for barricade details, I found an online version of it. Anyone that can program computers has my respect, I know how long it took to program a spectrum to do the simplest things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.