Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you rather bee or a wasp?  (Read 20709 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What would you rather bee or a wasp?
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2020, 10:05:43 pm »

I was just thinking that if it does end up front heavy, I can add a small weight at far end of abdomen.

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2020, 10:14:51 pm »

That would be achievable, maybe a small ball-bearing or similar item.
Interesting anyway  :-)

Regards,
Ray.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2020, 10:18:51 pm »

I have slivers of lead sheeting I used for balancing free flight gliders, a small bit of that should be enough, hopefully

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2020, 04:02:45 pm »

I had the wasp flying yesterday, my highest flight with it so far, about 50 feet up above my back garden with loads of phone wires about, bit nerve wracking but flew well with no problems. I have tested an unmodified quad of the same type up to what I estimated to be over 400 feet with no problems, apart from a fairly strong wind to contend with. I was actually very impressed with this, I never expected it to have such good range for something that cost me £20. It was only due to this test that I trusted my wasp at height. The tailslide problem on the jetranger has made me wary of flying it any higher than 10 feet or so. The wasp doesn't seem to suffer from this problem, the seaknight doesnt have it either, I dont know whether to suspect the jetranger's control board, or maybe a rear motor. Further testing required, all part of the fun. Lol.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2020, 05:28:02 pm »

It was gonna escape😁

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2020, 05:37:17 pm »

{-) {-) {-)

Brilliant! 🤗

Regards,
Ray.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2020, 06:01:01 pm »

A couple of days ago, an idea popped into my head about showing my video of the wasp, out in the open (ish) bit off grass out front, to the youtube guys 'flite test' they do all sorts of stuff, flying tanks, battleships. Paper covered foam board planes, fpv combat, reviews etc. However, I couldnt find a direct way of messaging them, maybe I missed something, but I thought any department might get it and pass it on, so I found one at STEM support whatever that is.,and sent them the link with a very brief description and asked if they had seen anything similar?
 Waited, nothing, forgot totally about it, then yesterday got an email saying it was amazing, how long did it take to build, and would I mind him showing it to the other guys? I replied Show it to anyone you want. Then I had a thought, and sent another one saying I think the wasp would sell well but I dont have resources to produce it, you guys are welcome to make them as long as you make me your scottish tester, and send me some of your old discarded goodies. Worth trying😁 I am scottish, with very low modelling budget, unless I sell some of my long hours and high cost, back in the day, projects for such cheap prices its like giving away your pet hamster to a total stranger.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2020, 08:49:43 pm »

Waspling gets spray painted pipe cleaner legs, had to use a black one, kids craft box was low! Lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.