Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Krick borkum build part 2  (Read 993 times)

Pragmatist

• Full Mayhemer
  • It's a nautical thing
Krick borkum build part 2
« on: February 09, 2020, 07:28:55 pm »

So I’m getting along nicely now and ready for the planking but I have an electronics query. Please bear in mind I am completely new to R/C build. The instructions state to solder a piece of antenna cable to the antenna. At the end of the cable solder a plug to your receiver. Can anyone embellish on this for me please and apologise if it seems a silly question.
I’ve included a photo of my receiver. It came from my lifeboat.

Thanks,
Matt

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Krick borkum build part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 09:58:28 pm »

These instructions will have been written when everyone used 27MHz or 40MHz. These receivers used a long single aerial wire often stretched out on the superstructure. Some split the wire to make it easier to unplug and remove the superstructure. You appear to be using 2.4GHz so have much shorter aerial wires. You will not need to split the wires so ignore those instructions.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

Pragmatist

• Full Mayhemer
  • It's a nautical thing
Re: Krick borkum build part 2
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 10:02:46 pm »

These instructions will have been written when everyone used 27MHz or 40MHz. These receivers used a long single aerial wire often stretched out on the superstructure. Some split the wire to make it easier to unplug and remove the superstructure. You appear to be using 2.4GHz so have much shorter aerial wires. You will not need to split the wires so ignore those instructions.
Jim

That’s great Jim, so no soldering cable or plugs etc? Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.