Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: p94and p102  (Read 1747 times)

Detomo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
p94and p102
« on: February 02, 2020, 12:04:53 pm »

hi , new at this ,but I am having trouble getting everything working. I have wired up everything as per the sheet for a p94 and turn the trans on then the battery .the only thing that happens is the lights come on And nothing else happens ???? please any ideas what I have done wrong or not

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
Re: p94and p102
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 05:06:05 pm »

Do the relays in the P94 click several times after you've switched on the power? If not then you've got no power to it. A photo or two of your installation would help the diagnosis. Usually when things have been correctly connected then they work. If they haven't then they tend not to.

DaveM

Detomo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 12:00:42 pm »

Hi
Thanks for replying still no joy, wired up as per diagram , the only thing that comes on is the receiver and the dis board and the rudder servo clitches
cannot seem to upload images

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 01:47:09 pm »

Here is an extract from an E-Mail sent to another CompShop customer who was having similar problems.

"There have been two versions of P94 in the recent past. The type which provides power to the receiver from the main motor batteries (via a Battery Eliminator Circuit, or BEC) has a voltage regulator fitted. This is a small additional circuit board which is mounted on four gold pins above the main board, just between the two black relays and the 14-pin microprocessor chip. The other type doesn't have this board and requires the power for the receiver to be supplied from a separate power source e.g. a battery pack or a P92/P107 distribution board. The voltage regulator circuit on the BEC version of P94 has proven to be unreliable so this may be the source of the problem. This type has been withdrawn pending CompShop finding a better regulator".

If you have a BEC version then it would perhaps be best to return it to Component Shop and ask for a replacement. If your P94 is one without the voltage regulator then make sure you have NOT disconnected any wires from its plugs. As I said earlier, P94's relays should click several times when you power up the system, then the unit should operate properly. If they don't then either there is no power connection from P94 to the receiver or the unit is faulty.
Dave M

Detomo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 11:21:16 am »

Hi DaveM
Thanks for the information you have given. Yes I have a regulator on my P94 [that's both ], seems I will have to get in touch to the Component shop , cheers Detomo

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 12:55:34 pm »

I have sent you a private message.
DM

Detomo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 05:08:46 pm »

hi
just out of curiosity how would you wire up the eletrics for the Irishman ,for a bow thruster ,water pump , two motors using a p102 and p94 ?????

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 05:23:02 pm »

If you send me your regular E-Mail address via private message then I can send you a selection of different diagrams as PDF files.
DM
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.