Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Animal models  (Read 1268 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Animal models
« on: March 13, 2020, 11:43:03 pm »

In addition to the wasp, here are some other animal models, 2 types of shark fin.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Animal models
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 11:45:43 pm »

An eagle and a jackdaw, slope soarers.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 11:46:55 pm »

And a pteranodon, 22 inch span, 14 grams

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 11:50:42 pm »

I liked this comment on my eagle.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 12:47:29 pm »

And of course, the giant wasp........ Bzzzzzz.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 04:50:28 pm »

This is another experimental design for Wl toys F949 board and another of my e-cig cells. I wasnt going to show it until I had at least tried to fly it, but that may be a while so here it is. I need to test it over long grass in case I crash, but the barley field I usually use is 3ft high just now. Black model, deep barley, no findee! Lol. I have taken the pics with the delta to show similar size. Delta has whizzy motor,  the swallow has a less revvy version, same as my tiny trainer, which still has plenty of power. The delta is actually extreme on full throttle, requiring ninja like reflexes, lol. As I like flying low and close sometimes, eventually it ends up coming at me, requiring me to dodge rapidly. Getting hit by a 1 ounce plane isnt noticeable through clothes, but an ear or nose hit might be? Lol.
 On the swallow I used fibreglass packing tape for ailerons and tried painting over it to disguise it a bit as it didnt look very natural. This will maybe help with orientation, hopefully. Its dark. The masking tape underneath holds in the battery and should help with orientation.
 I thought a 6mm bb as its eye might help too but its barely visible.
 I have shown it with my balsa dummy F949 board, which is pretty handy for setting up models and doing drawings around.
 I have models I built for free flight, which would actually take the F949 board, but it would be tight and extremely fiddly as they are fully built already. Not impossible but enough to make me just build something more suitable from scratch, designing in control access as I go. I like the boards to be able to be removed easily. 2 or 3 spots of hotglue is usually enough. Ridge Runt has one glue spot and a balsa piece it locates in. Delta has more but its been ploughed into the ground plenty so I added extra. Lol.
 The swallow was sized around the delta and I had hoped to use same settings as delta, rc and c.o.g. But I think that adding a tail will make my elevator work reversed compared to the tail-less delta? I am pretty sure it will, but its only a few button presses to change it.
 Also of note is the lumpy hotglued beak, it really needed this as a test flight onto the couch bent his beak quite a bit. Ground is harder and usually faster. Lol. I was going to paint it brown to look like mud for its nest. 😁
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.