Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HA Kits  (Read 4858 times)

paulhakits

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
HA Kits
« on: March 14, 2020, 01:59:12 pm »

As the corona virus forces more people to stay at home we will need something to pass the time until venues and events are operating again.

Anyone wishing to purchase a kit via ebay in the next 5 days will receive a free stand to suit the model. Plus if you order via my email enquiries@hakits.co.uk get free postage as well.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Special offer on Kits
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 08:03:42 pm »

Not being a party pooper. Really like one of the kits, but when I went via e bay there was a 6 pound postage..so no new project  :((
Steamed up all the time

coch y bonddu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 08:30:46 pm »

TUT TUT Phil i suggest you got to specsavers read the post PROPERLY  O0 O0 O0 O0 ad it states FREE postage if you contact him by ....please note Phil and i are good m8's and i am not having a go at him

Dave

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 09:13:13 pm »

Steam oil on glasses as per norm Stav, ok I will read again..... ;)
Steamed up all the time

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 09:16:44 pm »

Which one do you like Phil?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

coch y bonddu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 10:15:56 pm »

The rescue boat looks rather quick...MMMMM no good for Phil as he cant handle speed lol

Dave

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 11:26:31 pm »

MMMM wonder why members have to have 25 posts double standards.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 12:31:13 am »

Traders have always been allowed to post products on Mayhem, as long as they don't become 'carpetbaggers'!

Paul is certainly not in that group.    :-)

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 08:59:53 am »

The Blakeney fishing boat Martin, I think I must be able to stop it Stav......just  {-) {-) {-) {-)
Steamed up all the time

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 12:03:52 pm »

Great offer thank you.
I agree about the Blakeney Fishing Boat as long as a figure can be sorted. For me a lot of open models are ruined by poor model humans that just look so unrealistic. A model at Leamington a couple of years ago got it so right but I am not sure how to make a figure like that nor where to buy one.

I also like the slipper launch whick is not on the catalogue page and which also needs a figure.

https://hakits.co.uk/?page_id=372

paulhakits

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 02:02:40 pm »

Hello TUG, I totally agree that the model needs a couple of figures in it, the problem is finding a good one the correct scale. I am currently trying to 3d print a standing and sitting fisherman, I will post pictures when sorted. When i post photos of my models on the web i like to show them as built from the kit, if i photographed them decorated with crew and fittings it might give the wrong impression. (The off shore racer was built by a friend who added extras before i could take photos.)

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 02:53:57 pm »

paulhakits
I wasn't meaning that you kits should include a figure but I am pleased to hear that you are looking into the problem. My comment was more about open models in general and my feeling that the vast majority of them need much better human models than they get - if they get figures at all. I know that the lack of a standard scale makes this difficult commercially. The figure on the images that I posted was dressed in cloth clothes and looked so much more natural than the action men/ wwf wrestlers etc etc that you often see.

Is there a reason why the Slipper Launch isn't on the main catalogue link?

paulhakits

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 03:26:25 pm »

I am totally in agreement about the figures, there are some quite good dolls house figures out there at 1/2 scale. The slipper launch is a kit i produced 12 months ago, it is a bit larger than the current range and i included 3d printed lloyd loom chairs. In truth it was a pain to manufacture and pack for posting,  i can produce the kits to special order if anybody wants one. The other problem is my web site, i only have space for 8 models, so as a new kits is produced something has to be removed. ok2

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 03:25:48 pm »

paulhakits

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 01:44:36 pm »

The Special Offer is now Finished, Thanks for all your custom.
New stock will be in next week.

paulhakits

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 01:47:53 pm »

As the corona virus forces more people to stay at home we will need something to pass the time until venues and events are operating again.

Anyone wishing to purchase a kit via ebay in the next 5 days will receive a free stand to suit the model. Plus if you order via my email enquiries@hakits.co.uk get free postage as well.    Offer now finished.

redpmg

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 03:24:16 pm »

Hi Paul,you need to change your drawing of the Blakeney on your catalogue -page - in no way does it resemble the boat in the pictures above .Think its great little boat - did not notice the free postage either until too late - you did not stipulate to where however - suppose only to UK ?

paulhakits

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 09:55:04 am »

Hi, The above photos are not of my Blakeney,  they were posted buy someone  else. This is my Blakeney.
I am just finishing a sister ship to the Blakeney, The morston is based on the same hull with a different cabin.

RST

Re: HA Kits
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2020, 08:46:12 am »

A little plug for Paul as I am nearing the end of my (smaller of the two) pilot boat from him.  Some small glitches along the way but I have been building this away from home, just on the living room table with basic craft knives, sandpaper and superglue with some small bits made at home at weekends.  It's all brush painted with Revell enamels.  I 3-D printed some of my own fittings.  Mine will have a 385 or 400 size motor and 7.2v Ni-Mh.

Suppose it's close-enough to post a pic -got to the stage it will take me ages to finish the last of the paining and gluing the deck fittings on.

I don't enjoy building in wood but it's been a nice little build so far -and not expensive!

Hope it gives some inspiration for others and a bit of feedback for Paul which I think I did say I would do when I got the kit a couple of months ago.

Rich

davejo90

Re: HA Kits
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2020, 09:27:57 am »

It's looking very good Rich  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.