Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coronavirus - Covid-19  (Read 8958 times)

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 09:26:53 pm »

Hi jemac, you're supposed to put the phone to your ear not the iron {-) {-) {-)

John

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 11:25:04 pm »

From: KNUPFER Modell- und Feinwerktechnik <modell@knupfer.info>
 Sent: Sunday, 29 March 2020 8:34 PM
 To: Derek Warner

Subject: Re: 2020.03.29 Knupfer - Open for Business?

Due to the current situation, precautionary protective measures for our employees.

We take until April 15th no orders.

From 16.April  2020 we would like to deliver to you again, depending on the general situation.

KNUPFER
Modell- und Feinwerktechnik
Ellenbergweg 3
D-73614 Schorndorf
Tel.: 07181 45460
modell@knupfer.info
Am 29.03.2020 um 03:48 schrieb <dlwarner>:
------------------------------
Dear Susanne…………….just checking, with the terrible world Pandemic……..are Knupfer still open and able to send small orders of your standard products?
Regards
Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2020, 08:10:22 am »

As a front line worker in an industry allowed to remain open (the wife's in distribution for a foil company that supplies to manufactures so foil on the things you buy, me, transport), I had been told to take the rest of my remaining holiday hours or lose them, so I am off till the 1st April, a full 7 days (3 of which were days off anyway), and in all this time I have suffered the common cold and a cough that wont go away, caught from my eldest who works for a well known fast food outlet that has now closed, as he works at receiving the deliveries and is either in or out of a freezer for 75% of the shift he catches a lot of colds, so, this B****y cold is a sniffel as I get the jab every year, the sporadic cough is a result from what they used to call 'fluid on the lungs' and only a really good dose of hot weather will shift, so knowing that lot at work, will probably be told to self isolate for no good reason.  >>:-(

Oh and the point of the above, the cough means I cannot finish the boat as its all the delicate stuff  >>:-(
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2020, 09:49:49 am »

I am also still trying to shake off the remains of the cold/cough bug which I caught back in February. I have had it on previous occasions although I avoided it last year. It seems to take up to five weeks to go altogether.

Colin

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2020, 10:06:17 am »

I'm working on the theory that a high volume of whisky vapour in the respiratory system might be beneficial.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

cdnfurball

• Full Mayhemer
  • Success = a model boat that floats
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2020, 01:48:21 am »

Some might consider my opinion as a negative outlook, but l come here to escape stress, reality and get a little bit of " me time ".
You could say that l have buried my head in the sand...    So be it....   Can we stick to building, leave the outside world to the news

I do have an enormous amount of respect for those helping others during this time !!

This is a model boat site for builders......   

Baldrick, I drink my whiskey....  Inhaling is new to me

People come & go in life. Some leave memories......

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2020, 09:22:43 am »

cdnfurball

It's called the ''Angels' Share'' and its free ;)

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2020, 10:21:01 am »

Some might consider my opinion as a negative outlook, but l come here to escape stress, reality and get a little bit of " me time ".
You could say that l have buried my head in the sand...    So be it....   Can we stick to building, leave the outside world to the news

I do have an enormous amount of respect for those helping others during this time !!

This is a model boat site for builders......   

As I have said before nobody forced you to click the link to this topic and it does help to provide a safety valve to those that need it. I don't think that it is being misused nor weighing heavily on the rest of the forum.

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2020, 10:25:00 am »

IMHO all permutations of the name of this virus should be added to the forum setup of "censored" words

They would then be automatically removed before a post was saved

Easy to say don't click on link - can't avoid seeing the reference in recent posts summary

Just my tuppence

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2020, 06:32:03 pm »

Well I have been using time my sorting all the bits in the workshop, as if we go out over here we have to fill in a form which we must carry with us (135 euro fine without it)....so I found all this radio control stuff I don't remember a certain Mr M selling me (for those who haven't guessed I am a high speed steam chap)...so thought arghh put some bits together.......mrs Steamboat Apprentice says .......remember what happened last time.....(Mr M kindly repaired said burnt electronics).....so guess who I am going to be bothering.. {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

(steam is much easier)
Steamed up all the time

Tugtower

• Full Mayhemer
  • Owner of The RCMB Forum
    • RCMB Forum
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2020, 05:02:02 pm »

Anyone up for a giggle?

I think this sums up the current crisis perfectly...

Youtube link removed, 'robust' language.
We aim for a 'family safe' Forum here on Mayhem - Admin
 Yes I know Tugtower but we've learnt this lesson many times before .....

PM Tugtower if you want the link

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2020, 07:33:54 pm »

....so I found all this radio control stuff I don't remember a certain Mr M selling me (for those who haven't guessed I am a high speed steam chap)...so thought arghh put some bits together.......mrs Steamboat Apprentice says .......remember what happened last time.....(Mr M kindly repaired said burnt electronics).....so guess who I am going to be bothering.. {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

(steam is much easier)
Bother away Phil, but it all works if you RTFM. I'm sorry for the acronym but this is a family-friendly forum. Anyroad up, m'duck, electrics is far easier to grasp than very hot pipes. Mutual respect, dude.
Meantime PM me for further shocks about repair costs.......especially for ex-pats.  8)
Big love to you and Steph.

Dave M

RST

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2020, 08:31:57 pm »

I just went out and did the clappy thing!  There were  few of us out on our doorsteps this time.

At least when I worked offshore I had a reasonably important job (we went out fixing leaks and sorting failures.  If I couldnt join the vessel at crew change it was a problem.  Not able to do that for ages because of a forced job change, and now stuck working from home now I feel particularly worthless.

Well done everyone still keeping things going!  I'm trying to do some donations to worthwhile causes while I'm stuck home not spending on diesel each week etc.

Rich

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2020, 08:51:23 pm »

NB:   RTFM  originally was the abbreviation off: Read The Flipping Manual.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

cdnfurball

• Full Mayhemer
  • Success = a model boat that floats
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2020, 09:43:24 pm »

Working from home ????    I am not allowed to...     We supply to the trades people over here and we're classed as essential services...     The folks helping to keep the places functioning.    Who knew selling a toilet or other parts to hospitals, police stations etc would be so important. Besides, my wife  <*< is working from home now....   So off to work I go  %%
People come & go in life. Some leave memories......

RST

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2020, 10:01:20 pm »

Keep going and respect you, it's a month now since I last saw a tinned of chopped tomatoes or pretty much anything tissue based.  I don't want to stock-up but one of each would help.  I fear for you over the pond.  It's all been coming for long enough.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 12:02:20 pm »

There are still a bunch of Darwen candidates in the north west, GM Police reportedly broke up 500 parties over the last week, and around here, as the roads are supposedly quiet (you wouldn't think so with the number of cars passing) the motorcyclists and souped up car drivers are revving and speeding on a regular basis each day past ours.  >>:-( >>:-(
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2020, 03:23:53 pm »

on the news some chef no '''''''''' names from london breaking the rule  signs going up holiday makers  stop at home   one caravan  lost  on a30  our one  hospital only just coping  so please do not be an idiot  by coming to cornwall still be here next year  alive and kicking

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2020, 09:35:09 am »

Clean up on isle one!  :police:
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2020, 09:38:59 am »

Well said Reggi... and what a nice place Perranporth is.  I spent one of our most enjoyable family holidays there staying in Rose Cottage, that's all I remember of the address it was in 1976.  We were there during the heatwave.

Roy

RST

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2020, 10:39:48 am »

hmm.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.