Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Newbie  (Read 878 times)

Andy203

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Another Newbie
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:51:31 am »

Well I have joined the forum as I have started to build a boat. I have previously been into R/C buggies and cars, racing them with my son several years ago. Now retired I wanted to find something that I could fill my spare time with! So thought I would put into use some of my old R/C gear and build something that I could then use.
Have previously build Airfix models, boats/planes etc but that was way back, I got the bug to build things again after my daughter gave me a 3' long Cutty Sark model to build as a Christmas present, took me 8 weeks to complete and enjoyed ever minute of it even down all the rigging that was the most challenging part of the build.
I have already posted in relation to a Higgins PT boat build that I have taken on, and have already benefited joining this forum with help and advice. Also some great reading and pictures of other peoples builds which I can only hope that my current build and future ones will come any where close to the detail and quality. One lives in hope!

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: Another Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 08:45:37 am »

Welcome to the madhouse. You're obviously  a committed modeller - Cutty Sark in 8 weeks. I started a Billings Cutty Sark in 1975 and have yet to finish the running rigging  <:(   Long story but not for here.

Welcome again.

Don't Assume Check

Andy203

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:50:22 am »

As stated retired, yes 8 weeks but that averaged out roughly to 3-4 hrs day 7 days a week. Have three grandchildren which took up time but now in self isolation, have even more time on my hands, as have a lot of other people.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 10:41:15 am »

Welcome Andy

Bob
Officially a GOG.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.