Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Macedonian  (Read 26143 times)

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: HMS Macedonian
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2020, 11:06:17 AM »

Have you tried printing the problem items with supports which will raise the object off of the bed. Also does your printer have a pause option during printing. My Anycubic Photon S has this and it raised the bed out of the resin allowing for a quick check that the print is going OK. I usually use it after around 200 layers to check that the print is sticking to the bed.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

JerryTodd

• Full Mayhemer
  • Scale Sailor
    • Modeling Projects
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2020, 04:08:44 AM »

I did put them on supports, but I intent to try putting them a little higher off the plate with heavier supports - I used "medium."
I'll have to look into that pause idea, I thought about it but was afraid to accidentally cause the print to cancel.
I do need to slick the film at the bottom of the vat so things don't stick so hard, I've lost two prints and one carronade slide that were actually pulled off thier supports.

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2020, 11:57:10 AM »

I'll have to look into that pause idea, I thought about it but was afraid to accidentally cause the print to cancel.
I do need to slick the film at the bottom of the vat so things don't stick so hard, I've lost two prints and one carronade slide that were actually pulled off thier supports.
I wouldn't worry about accidentally cancelling using pause, I have found it 100% reliable in restarting print. Not that much you can do about the surface of the film, be carefull as it is easily damaged. Just keep a few spare films handy for replacment especially if the film surface gets scratched or start going cloudy with fine scratches if you have to remove a failed print from the film. Repacing the film is quite easy although time consuming, just make sure the tension on the film is right.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up