Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Liverpool  (Read 1277 times)

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Liverpool
« on: March 27, 2020, 02:32:15 pm »

https://photos.smugmug.com/General/i-rzWTZ7f/0/df32429e/L/Liverpool-L.jpg

OH DEAR SMUGMUG HAS FINALLY MUCKED UP THEIR SOFTWARE SO YOU CAN NO LONGER POST PHOTOS USING THE IMAGE EMBED CODE.  LOOKS LIKE I CAN NO LONGER ADD IMAGES TO MAYHEM   >>:-(

I am not normally into lifeboats.  Those I see are invariably of the same two modern types, including the giant jet powered ones that create tsunami that have other boaters rushing to haul them out before being swamped.

Only one lifeboat I am interested in, the classic Liverpool Class that my uncle served on in St Ives.  There was a prototype being finalised that I had my name down for, but sadly the firm closed before I could get the first production model.

A fellow club member had brought in his Liverpool Class lifeboat and I was keen to make him an offer.  Eventually he agreed to sell it to me.  He says it is an old Frog kit made way back, but is it a twin prop Liverpool.  Yippee.  I now have a long restoration job as it is hand painted (even painting over the whaleback engine housing) and with a few detail parts missing.  It needs much of the electrics replaced.

New name will be Edgar George Orlando and Eva Child as per the St Ives boat my uncle served on.  She was at St Ives from 1948 to 1968.

Could be a long restoration to get everything right, but I can’t sail at our lake for the duration of this crisis.

I GUESS THAT IS THE END OF THIS THREAD !!!!
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.