Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My next build has arrived  (Read 962 times)

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
My next build has arrived
« on: August 26, 2020, 03:12:52 pm »

Hi

Well I got home today to the parcel that I've been waiting for from France containing MY NEXT BUILD!!!!!  %% %% %%

I've had to put it away for a bit as I need to finish my Anteo first as I can only concentrate on one model at a time.  Its a 17th century single masted ship which is fully framed and I think it going to be a beauty to build.  This will be my first true scratch build from plans and I'm looking forward to starting it later in the year.  I wanted to start with a simple vessel rather than a 1st rate 3 deck man o war that I just don't have the skills for yet.

Its a monograph from Ancre and my first impressions are WOW!!!  The plans are so detailed its unreal and comes with the history of the vessel too.  I'm going to be building it in 1/24 scale so without the rigging the hull is about the same size as my Anteo but with rigging its 1117mm long and 840mm tall.  I've got a lot of wood to source but that will be part of the fun.

Here's a few pictures of the monograph and you can see just how thick it is - and yep that's all made up of plans!  I also bought a book to help me along which looks amazing too.

Sorry I just had to share my news  :-)) {-)

Mark

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: My next build has arrived
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 03:32:20 pm »

This is definitely going to be the one to watch coming together.
There's been a number of times I've thought of getting into this type of model but keep putting it off. With a bit of luck I'll get inspiration from your build.

Anyway, I'll be watching your progress when you get started.
Good luck with your build Mark  :-)

Regards,
Ray.

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
Re: My next build has arrived
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 05:05:41 pm »

Thanks Ray I think this is going to be a tricky one as I've a lot to learn.  There's only one way to find out and that's to have a go.  I'll do a build log when I get going  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.