Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: ModelBoats Magazine  (Read 35335 times)

RST

Re: ModelBoats Magazine
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2020, 09:57:27 pm »

I think this thread hopefully shows that there is still support for the magazine.  It's a great resource and not enough beginners are pointed to it in my opinion!  I know it's not easy at the moment -I hope the folk get back on-track after this and see through the rough times!  I will certainly still keep buying the printed version.  Just have to watch for anyone running up to me with a saw in hand when I'm stood having a quick flick first.  I don't fancy being 2 foot shorter than I am!

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2020, 10:36:53 pm »

I don't fancy being 2 foot shorter than I am!

That's no problem the Mag is usually on the bottom shelves

titoneri

• Shipmate
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2020, 11:53:30 am »

How interesting that on Modelboats forum all about the recent mag stoppage has been removed. The powers of management with wallet to match. With Subscription payments still being paid And already taken from many I bet they still take a monthly chunk. Another mag MM took subs and still walked away with loads to start up again albeit not mags. Do we see a similar idea by using Covid as a get out. Be careful with it there things may not be what it appears.

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2020, 11:58:56 am »

How interesting that on Modelboats forum all about the recent mag stoppage has been removed. The powers of management with wallet to match. With Subscription payments still being paid And already taken from many I bet they still take a monthly chunk. Another mag MM took subs and still walked away with loads to start up again albeit not mags. Do we see a similar idea by using Covid as a get out. Be careful with it there things may not be what it appears.

???? https://www.modelboats.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=155114

I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2020, 12:16:17 pm »

The initial post was removed as it included a personal internal email to the Editor.

The link above posted by C-3P0 takes you to the topic with updates and comments. I appreciate people might not like the situation but there are a lot of things not to like right now. In the meantime please take the trouble to check before posting personal opinions and allegations.

Colin

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2020, 12:26:36 pm »

Can we remove this badly informed, malicious and plain wrong post please?

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2020, 01:46:48 pm »

I agree, having first wondering what was happening we are now presiding over the body.  I am happy that my subscription is in the right place and look forward to the next edition.
Regards
Roy

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2020, 01:55:01 pm »

Should be interesting to see.

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2020, 09:39:41 am »

I had decided to take out a subscription to support the magazine. If the current puerile political comment [edit: in the forum] on their website is anything to go by they can forget that.
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

phil_parker

• Full Mayhemer
    • Phil's Workbench
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2020, 09:42:28 am »

I had decided to take out a subscription to support the magazine. If the current puerile political comment on their website is anything to go by they can forget that.
I can't be the only one who rushed there out of curiosity and couldn't see anything. Is it something in the forum?

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2020, 09:47:25 am »

Link removed

Bob

phil_parker

• Full Mayhemer
    • Phil's Workbench
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2020, 09:49:38 am »

That's not the Model Boats magazine website. This one is: https://www.modelboats.co.uk/

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2020, 10:13:10 am »

Yes Jonty, you are spreading fake news there! I'd have thought it obvious it isn't the magazine website forum which I moderate and which is a pretty civilised place. You might like to join that instead.

Colin

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2020, 10:14:33 am »

Oh dear! Mod kindly remove that comment.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2020, 10:14:56 am »

Well I did never get the winter special even though I contacted them twice, and they said that they would send a new copy! and then oh we are sorry there are no more copies left  >>:-( And I have still not received the May edition, so I'm pretty reluctant to renew my subscription at the moment.
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2020, 10:35:30 am »

Beth Ashby at MyTimeMedia is trying to sort these problems out. Have you been in touch with her directly?

https://www.modelboats.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=155114&p=7

Colin

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2020, 10:51:52 am »

Beth Ashby at MyTimeMedia is trying to sort these problems out. Have you been in touch with her directly?

https://www.modelboats.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=155114&p=7

Colin
Not yet, it's normally +20 days "late" for non UK subscribers, I can see that it became available on the 03-04-2020 at Pocketmags so it should have been here now, I'll see if it arrives today if not then I'll contact Beth.

Update:
Ok just checked my account and the subscription has been Suspended from issue 000000269 (08-MAY-2020) event hough I have emails from them stating that they had extended my subscription with 2 issues and payment until 10/07/2020 
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2020, 11:15:17 am »

Tica

I think that you are confused,

The May issue of Model Boats was available in the UK from 10 April 2020 and all future issues were suspended from then.

The June issue would have been available from 08 May but has now been suspended. Hence your subscription was suspended from that date. The publisher has said that however many issue are not published then that number will be added to the end of your subscription so that you will still get the right number of issued just spread over a longer time period. 

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2020, 11:19:56 am »

Tica

I think that you are confused,

The May issue of Model Boats was available in the UK from 10 April 2020 and all future issues were suspended from then.

The June issue would have been available from 08 May but has now been suspended. Hence your subscription was suspended from that date. The publisher has said that however many issue are not published then that number will be added to the end of your subscription so that you will still get the right number of issued just spread over a longer time period.
Maybe you are right, but as I recall my original payment day was also for the May edition so there may be a lack there. I'll contact them after April 30th i the May mag has not arrived.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2020, 06:09:46 pm »

Well at last I got a reply when I asked where my May copy were, and it's totally worthless  >>:-(
"I am sorry the subscriptions have been suspended until further notice due to COVID-19. " well I can read that but it's after the release of the May edition.  :-X
I guess my hard earned case is better spend in supporting MBH (postal service is also getting pretty expensive for the subscription and yes I know that it is not the fault of Modelboat mag)

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2020, 09:28:42 am »

As shops who are advertisers and/or magazine sellers are due to reopen on 15th June I am thinking that we should get a better idea of the future of Model Boats magazine very soon.

I note that they hadn't even started preparation for the next issue when the closure was announced so even if they started today I would expect it to be July before an issue appeared.

There was also a story about a lack of an editor which, if true, might delay things even further. 

Has anybody heard anything?

If Model Boats magazine has gone I wonder if one of the European magazines might start an English version. I picked up a copy of Modellwerft recently & was very impressed.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2020, 09:59:44 am »

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2020, 10:43:40 am »

Has anybody heard anything

There are moves afoot to try and start republication but it has not yet got to the stage when an official announcement can be made. Fingers crossed.

Colin

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2020, 11:54:49 am »

Jaymac
Thank you

Colin
Fingers Crossed

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2020, 12:25:43 pm »

If Model Boats magazine has gone I wonder if one of the European magazines might start an English version. I picked up a copy of Modellwerft recently & was very impressed.

I have seen a number of European & American publications relating to modelling recently due to CORVID and they put the UK publications to shame in relation to quality and content - If Modellwerft was to release an English language version I would be subscribing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.