Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joysway FHSS Compatible Receiver To Replace an XY3000?  (Read 1136 times)

BazCW

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Joysway FHSS Compatible Receiver To Replace an XY3000?
« on: April 06, 2020, 01:27:00 pm »

HI All,

bought a 2nd hand boat with Joysway Tx / Rx combo but looks like they're a mis-match.  The pistol Tx is a CY300 & it appears to need an XY3000 reciever (which I don't have :-) ) These seem to be quite expensive so I'm wondering if there's anything out there that does FHSS & is compatible?

GoolRC or HiSky may be the ticket - but where to buy?  OrangeRx do an FHSS Rx but I'm not convinced that all the FHSS systems are the exact same flavour?

Not a major issue as I prefer twin stick & mostly use Spektrum gear & have plenty of that available to get me up & running, it's just that the Tx isn't worth much on it's own (resale) & thinking about getting a 4wd buggy to use in the garden while I'm stuck at home?

Any in sight much appreciated!  Thanks :-)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Joysway FHSS Compatible Receiver To Replace an XY3000?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 09:47:27 am »

When you can get a complete TX and RX outfit for less than the cost of just a particular receiver, it makes economic sense to change out and start fresh.  I don't particularly like encouraging the throw-away society, but sometimes it can't be helped.
I did have a problem a couple of years ago dropping what was going to be my "standard" transmitter, which then stoppped being a transmitter.  The, same make, same model, replacement worked fine with its supplied receiver, but refused to bind with any of the other recevers which had previously worked.
If you are well supplied with your Spektrum gear and happy with it, I would stay there.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

BazCW

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Joysway FHSS Compatible Receiver To Replace an XY3000?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 11:40:21 am »

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I bought the boat (with the radio) as a chancer as "spares / repairs" with a suspected esc fault.  So I budgeted for that & bid accordingly, so when it turned up & the ESC was fine & the only issue was with the Tx / Rx mismatch I was quite happy as I had already planned to use my Spektrum in it. 
I too don't like to just throw it away so I was hoping to get a suitable Rx so at least I had a working pair I could sell on or use in an RC car - especially as I seem to be collecting Joysway radio lol I now have 2 different Tx & 2 Rx but the Rx's only work with my original Tx - Oh well, not meant to be - I guess I should be happy I didn't have to buy a new ESC :-)
A local boating buddy was hopeful that a FlySky Rx may do the job....  of course we cannot meet up at the moment to test that theory, (or try out the new boat!) so it's all for the back burner......  Cheers for now & stay safe & well!

PS - I fly RC as well, hence all the Spektrum gear :-)  The un-sprung throttle can be a little inconvenient but I can live with it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.