Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V262 transmitter case project  (Read 1000 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
V262 transmitter case project
« on: April 11, 2020, 08:21:58 pm »

Here is a little project I have been working on, I decided to take the board out of one of my spare V262 quad transmitters and rehouse it in a custom case. It is balsa and ply, I dont know whether it looks better with the chrome stick surrounds or without them, I may paint them black and see how it looks.
 I have a few spare transmitters now, and bodyshells, which I thought about selling, but it would cost the same to post (£12) as it did to buy the whole quadcopter, delivered.
 I am quite happy with how the transmitter case turned out. Its really slimline and slighly narrower. Still got a few bits to do. Probably varnish it. I repositioned swithes onto the back of it which feels really natural and doesnt affect what you are doing with the sticks, I also ditched the board of 5 leds as the screen comes on when you switch on, dont need leds. Also changed to lipo power, the display shows a 1 bar drop on the scale. Something a bit different that I haven't done before. Wheres my sanwa conquest sets? Lol. They have a good coating of castor oil and balsa dust. Plenty of hours flying with them, it was good radio, their downfall was they picked a different servo pin layout from futaba. I swapped pins over on servos but most fliers I knew stuck to futaba and nothing else.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Re: V262 transmitter case project
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 03:57:25 pm »

I decided to spray the stick surrounds in matt black, looks bit better than the cheap looking chrome. Also got a coat of gloss varnish on the case, apart from the bottom and the back. Will get another coat on once its dry. I think it looks quite good, although not everyone is impressed with my new transmitter casing, my friend thought it was made from cardboard when I sent him a pic. I did think about rounding the edges more but I thought it may make it harder to hold. The edges seem to provide extra grip. Anyway, its been a different type of project, I think I have improved the layout of the function switches, the size is more compact and it has a lipo now, still works the exact same but looks a bit different now.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Re: V262 transmitter case project
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 04:21:20 pm »

I found this, similar idea to mine, but made a while ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.