Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6volt power distribution board  (Read 1743 times)

T888

• Full Mayhemer
6volt power distribution board
« on: April 14, 2020, 10:02:20 am »

Hi Gents,

Thought you may like to see what arrived this morning.

I’m trailing out for John at Scalewarships 6 volt version of there 12volt distribution board.

My plan is to use the 6 volt unit in my 1/200 HMHS Britannic (aka Trumpeter 1/200 titanic )

If all goes well John will be adding this unit to the Forge electronic product listing in the future.
Regards David

T888

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 6volt power distribution board
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 04:08:31 pm »

All installed and tested  :-))
Regards David

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 04:41:56 pm »

Hello T888,
 That's looks amazing thank you for posting the photo's  as you know am very interested in Trumpeter Titanic but maybe more towards Christmas so any info and photo's will be a great help to me if it works for you it will be fine for mine so you  can post or pm me  all you used and costs and when you test on the water ware every thing is  and how much weight you need to get her down to the water line.
               Regards Howard.

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 05:01:18 pm »

Hi Howard,

Yes will do.  :-))

The Dist unit is currently under trails, but once all the testIng of the units have been completed, they will be made available.

One major issue I’ve with the kit and been working to resolve, is the superstructure is very heavy. This is giving stability issues. Hindsight is wonderful, so If I was doing it again I would lighten it by either drilling large holes or removing section from all of the decks.

More than happy to help With any info I have. So once you get your kit let me know. (Christmas 2020 or in 2021 )
Regards David

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 07:56:30 pm »

Looking really neat Dave, hope you can resolve the top-heavy issue  :-)

Regards,
Ray.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 08:15:38 pm »

Interesting. Does it have any advantages over the Action Electronics board?
https://www.componentshop.co.uk/p112-fused-power-distribution-board-with-main-power-switch.html
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 11:25:25 pm »

Hi Dave,
 lol hopefully  2020 am watching your build with great interest.
               Regards Howard.

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 10:12:12 am »

First I have to say how sad I was to read that Alan Bond had died in July 2018. He and I had corresponded about Forge Electronics and ACTion projects and I had a great respect for his technical know-how and most particularly how very neat and practical all of his units were.
At first sight the ACTion P112 and this PDB are the same but there are significant differences:
The Forge unit appears to use a relay to turn the main power supply on and off via a small remote switch while the P112 has a MOSFET. In practice that means that the total current which the P112 can handle (25A) will probably be more than the Forge board - the latter being dictated by the rating of the relay contacts.
The Forge unit seems to have a voltage regulator to provide a separate supply (5v?) for the receiver. The P112 doesn't, although its stable mates P92, P102 and P107 all do.
P112 has eight sets of output terminals, controlled in groups of two by 4 separate fuses, whereas the Forge Unit has just one set of terminals for each of its four fuses.
There is what seems to be a second voltage regulator on the Forge unit. I imagine this would drop down an input of 12v to switch the relay coils.
I'm only speculating on the basis of T888's photographs because there's no information yet about their unit on the Forge website.
Dave M

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 04:43:49 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.