Shows, Events, Club websites and Club Events > Mayhem at Wicksteed !

"VMBME - The Virtual Model Boat Mayhem Extravaganza!

(1/6) > >>

Colin Bishop:

Maybe we could have a virtual Mayhem, posting photos of the boats we would have brought? (and will hopefully see next year)

Colin

Admin - Topic Split from - Coronavirus / Covid-19 -  Event Postponements & Cancellations
( https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,64355.0.html )

derekwarner:
So Colin says.....'Maybe we could have a virtual Mayhem" .....just need to remember Colin, that we members residing on far flung Shores see MBM as a virtual world every day ...

Thankfully with modern technology.....20,000km is only a fraction of a microsecond on the internet

Keep the postings & images coming :-))

Derek

C-3PO:

--- Quote from: Colin Bishop on March 26, 2020, 09:46:10 am ---Maybe we could have a virtual Mayhem, posting photos of the boats we would have brought? (and will hopefully see next year)

Colin

--- End quote ---

Great idea Colin

Maybe we could have an hour or so of Zoom (video streaming) activity - happy to arrange this is people think there is any mileage in the idea...it can even be recorded and perhaps made available on YouTube after the event.

I will fill up my paddling pool and float a boat or 10! so long as I can keep the dogs out of the water should be a bit of fun.

If other people want to do similar or just show static boats via video link it might be interesting - all you need is a WiFi connected smart phone or tablet.

I am sure Martin will have some ideas re photography/video that might add to the concept.

Martin perhaps if you agree you could move/duplicate Colin's and then my post to a new thread - "VMBME - Virtual Model Boat Mayhem Extravaganza"

Regards

C-3PO

Klunk:
can do. I have a paid account (club one!) and willing to host. this allows 100 people in a 24 hr meeting i think

ps anyone want to put boats in baths or paddling pools welcome!

Tug Fanatic:
This sounds like a great idea and thank goodness for forums like this one as otherwise there would be a real vacuum even worse than we currently have.

Given my age and the much publicised need for social distancing until a vaccine is available (in the billions of doses) I have given up all hope of going to any events (club or national) this year even if they are held - which I doubt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version