Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just joined  (Read 863 times)

Sojourner

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Just joined
« on: April 16, 2020, 06:55:44 pm »

Hi everyone.
Recently discovered this wonderful forum and had to join.
Done lots of ship modelling, mostly sailing ships and ships in bottles, but now hooked on 1:700 warships, mainly Revell kits but also scratch built.
Only problem, the tiny pieces have a habit of slipping out of forceps onto the floor, so much time spent on knees searching...
I'm looking forward to trawling the forum, and picking up lots of info and inspiration from all you experts.
Sojourner

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Just joined
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 09:20:48 pm »

Welcome, Sojourner.  My remedy for parts and tools that disaparate in my shop is to go buy a replacement.  When I bring the new one home the lost piece will be in plain sight.   :-))

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 08:32:00 am »

Hi from your soubriquet of sojourner.  I understand a sojourn just suggests a temporary stay?  Do you plan to remain?  Some of us do not remember the time before MBM.   %% %% .

Not that many are active contributors considering the total numbers registered and like many things the more you contribute the more you get back.  So in some respects we are like a magazine with a good distribution but just a few contributors.  Our advantage is that posting of pictures is unlimited and so the non-wordsmiths among us get a good 'say' as well.

All the best and hope you enjoy the forum.
Roy

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 10:57:40 am »

Welcome aboard Sojourner.

You can get locking forceps to hold fiddly bits securely. I also use small trays/lids of boxes to hold loose bits I am working with. I sometimes put these small trays onto a tea tray. I have two modes off work. Over-organized and chaotic.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.