Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie just landed  (Read 4263 times)

Boxerman66

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Newbie just landed
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 11:32:20 am »

Well, just when you thought it was safe tho into the water!!.......
Epoxied the prop tubes in and went for the Hull Integrity Basin Trial (HIBT) in the hot tub...as you do!!
Bless my soul a leak. Saw the problem, small hole above the outer prop tube. Hole filled with more epoxy and made a web to the hull for more support. 24 hrs later HIBT no 2.... you guessed it... still leaks same place!! Can’t see where so now removing most of the epoxy externally and chopping out big timber internally to determine leak location.. Happy Days..well at least the sun is shining!!

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2020, 12:19:19 pm »

Might be too late now but I would have filled around the prop shaft externally with P38 or epoxy putty before attacking the inside!

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 12:20:37 pm »

Try and clean up on the outside of the hull and seal externally.
If in doubt where the outer ingress is put a drop of water inside the hull and see where it exits.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Boxerman66

• Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2020, 12:29:52 pm »

Thanks guys, step earning curve...still climbing...might need a harness if it gets steeper!! :embarrassed:

Stuart Morrison

• Shipmate
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2020, 11:19:05 pm »

hi, i'm new to the forum, but noticed your posts and thought i may add my views re propshafts. Any model I have made over the last 50 years has had a permantly fitted propshaft, araldited in place.  There is no way i would try and use one more than once.  If the outward side is long, I would suggest some kind of skeg or A frame to hold it steady.

Boxerman66

• Shipmate
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2020, 11:34:30 am »

Quicrun 880 ESC Brushed motor... hi guys , finally received the recommended the Dual output Quicrun 880 ESC today and see that the default battery type setting is for LiPo batteries. I have 4 NiCads!! Does anyone know / can explain the difference in the settings or the batteries  for the unit? And, presumably I am going to need to invest £8 in the programming box to change the settings. Any advice is well received. Cheers for now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 23 queries.