Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fairey Huntsman aft cabin becomes a Sports Fisherman  (Read 4950 times)

madwelshman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Fairey Marine Fanatic
Re: Fairey Huntsman aft cabin becomes a Sports Fisherman
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2020, 10:20:57 pm »

Nice work there Mike, looks really good  :-)) 

Looking forward to seeing the finished article, a nice variation on the Fairey hull.
Precedent Perkasa - 49 1/2"
Precedent Fairey Huntsman 31 - 47"
Veron Fairey Huntsman 28 - 42"
Precedent Fairey Huntsman 31 - 34"
Aerokits Sea Commander 34"
Aerokits Sea Rover - 29 1/2"

ukmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • I used to be indecisive... but now I'm not so sure
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2020, 04:26:32 pm »

Good Afternoon.

Progress on the Flybridge, just in it's rough embryonic stage at the moment, but gives some idea what it will look like.

The construction of the main body is by shaping round a 6mm ply bottom jig and for ease of bending and lightness I used the sandwich method consisting of 3 layers, the inner and outer layers are of 2mm lite ply with a 3mm balsa centre core. The jig was cut away after the laminating glue had set.
I also used the balsa middle layer to make it easier to route out the slot for the wind/spray deflector, which will be tinted after final shaping.

After making the steering wheel, which will be painted later, I have started on the twin lever throttle lever assy based on the Morse pattern. I don't know yet as to the instrument arrangement as that will be dictated by the throttle position next to the wheel.

Some pictures.

Mike.

DJW

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2020, 11:06:09 am »

Morning Mike

Good to see the build progress, the curve on that flybridge structure looks very good.

Hope alls well with you.
David.

ukmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • I used to be indecisive... but now I'm not so sure
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2020, 02:53:42 pm »

Morning Mike

Good to see the build progress, the curve on that flybridge structure looks very good.

Hope alls well with you.
David.
Thanks for the reply David.

My Op. keeps being cancelled due to CV19, understandable I suppose, there must be thousands of people in the same boat.

Re the Flybridge, much more work to do to it yet, it will get better tho' and the bending was an absolute pig to get right.

Here is a photo of the Morse type engine controller, quite pleased with it and looks o.k from a distance. ;)

Another photo of some assorted dial faces printed on A4 glossy paper, if you,would like a copy just let me know and I'll email you one.

Keep well, you and yours.

Mike.

DJW

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2020, 05:28:49 pm »

Hi Mike

Well I recognise the Morse Teleflex unit from a previous life, looks appropriate and in good proportion to me.

Thanks for the offer of the instrument panels, great timing as I had in mind to start looking at the Aquarama dash detail.  So yes please, would you send a PDF..?

And the delay...  Well just hoping it's manageable and gives you building time...

Best regards
David.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up