Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS Waverley 360 wheelhouse interior shot  (Read 1041 times)

sabre

• Full Mayhemer
PS Waverley 360 wheelhouse interior shot
« on: April 30, 2020, 10:40:47 pm »

Just found this 360 degree interior shot of the Waverley wheelhouse, tremendous detail with zoom in and out or rotate and it works on full screen too.

https://www.360cities.net/image/wheelhouse-ps-waverley-scotland

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: PS Waverley 360 wheelhouse interior shot
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 12:42:24 am »

There's an absolute plethora of super detail there for anyone interested in building a model of Waverley. This vessel isn't on my list of future projects but it's still a fascinating insight to the layout of the bridge and the amount of equipment carried.
Thanks for sharing what is, after all, the bridge interior of an iconic vessel.  :-))

Regards,
Ray.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 05:14:02 am »

Agreed Ray.......extremely detailed 360 all round +/- view ...you could pick any single image in the view and write a book on the contents.....

[I found the ships wheel & steering binnacle with  2 x small bore tubing hydraulic control lines just above deck level being exposed could have been an issue for heavy feet  <*<  ]

Would have been great to be a fly on the wall to see the same viewing but of lessor components detail some 73 years ago when she was first constructed and certainly a little more sparton  :o
I am sure successive periods experienced additional instrumentation regulated as  :police: mandatory in sea going vessels

Yes again, thanks for sharing Sabre............

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RST

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 02:33:33 am »

...We've used this technology a few times at work.  Amazing photography.  When it counts we get the laser imagery also so we can take measurements (corrected for the distortion), but that costs an absolute fortune.

...I've actualy been on the bridge and steered the boat when I was a kid -don't remember it being that small but I guess it shows how young I was (and historically speaking maybe somewhat controversial how captain at that time was happy to entertain kids at the time, Im not sure if he's out of jail yet?!!!!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.