Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Info wanted, again.  (Read 1578 times)

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Info wanted, again.
« on: May 01, 2020, 02:25:38 pm »

Hello! The "Yellow" barge was a dead end... Now i trying to find more info about a other barge as a next project a barge or barge/tugboat perhaps. The picture is from Facebook. Can somebody help whit info about this barge? At first I tough it was a tyne tug but it was not the same... or if someone has any suggestion for a another little barge to build. I haw build so many tugs now so I want to try something else...

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Info wanted, again.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 02:57:09 pm »

As you found it on Facebook can't you ask for more information there?

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 04:59:40 pm »

Tried whit Facebook but no result... It is posted under "anyone know this one" but whit no luck so I thought to try the luck on this forum. The members on this place has a incredible knowledge about almost anything, by my opinion is The Model boat Mayhem  the best place!

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 05:40:24 pm »

You could try river barges and tugs such as the ones on the Rhine etc. There are plans for one called Egrete and there are a number of models around and plans. If you search Egrete on here, you'll find plenty of info. As you can see it was in Model Boats so someone should have the details.
Good Luck

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 08:50:32 pm »

The Egrete is a rely interesting subject i think that I missed! And there is plenty of info to!! and drawings!

RST

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 09:34:41 pm »

You post some interesting pics! Google is no help even if I try what I think is a maltings near a canal! I like this pic. That would be enough to scale roughly from the hand rail height and gives me excuses it's close-enough. I prefert that personally but appreciate It doesn't suit others.

PS where in Finland are you? I spent winter 09/10 in n Pori which was pretty grimm and our ship conversion didn't go that we'll! Think I experienced Finland at its worst!

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 12:19:59 am »

I to taught of  to get a rough scale whit the handrails or the height of the cabin... I live in in a small village Kållby near the town Jakobstad, 250 km north of Pori. 

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 12:27:45 am »

But the winter 09/10 was not so bad by my standard... I think it was the warmest winter on many years. Usually my winters the temperature get below -30 Celsius many weeks in row. Then I building modelboats because it almost to cold to get out (for a long time anyway)...

RST

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 01:06:47 am »

RST

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 01:19:33 am »

But the winter 09/10 was not so bad by my standard... I think it was the warmest winter on many years.
...I don't believe that!  It was one of the coldest for 20 years or somethng!  The country shut down of sorts it was that bad.

finnboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 03:08:12 pm »

You may be right! I can remember the year wrong... The last fifteen years haw I skiing 500 km or more every winter except for this year. bad snow conditions.. But when I asked my wife who knows everything :} , she told me that it was the year of 08/09 that it was difficulties to find decent snow in the forests because the temperature was so high... so 09/10 cold be a cold year.One of your interesting word did I not really understand... "maltings near a canal"? What is a malting? Is it a place where they making the grain to malt when making beer? If it is so then it gets even more interesting, me and my son makes almost all beer that we drink at home "do it your self" We byes the malt and hops and boiling the beer....

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.