Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: running two water pumps off 1 RC channel?  (Read 939 times)

Philbyuk

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
running two water pumps off 1 RC channel?
« on: May 01, 2020, 07:42:38 pm »

hi there . building a billing 'Rotterdam' boat , just come to the point of installing 2 water pumps , intending to use a single switch on TX (3 position . up, off and down) tested switch with a servo .. all OK . up..servo turns  right 45 deg, off position servo returns to 0 deg, down, servo goes left 45 degrees . so all that works .
 what I'm hoping is there is a RC switch  or a small board available to allow the TX switch to switch between motors separately so i can have one or the other working independently .(without having to use servo and micro switches).
hope this makes sense

if there is can you please send me link to the item
thanks
Phil

RST

Re: running two water pumps off 1 RC channel?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 07:50:19 pm »

Hi Phil.  Have a look for Glynn Guests post on microswitches (nowt wrong with them). It's about 2 weeks old. OR have a look for a 2 channel switch unit. Model Radio Workshop and Component Shop spring to mind. Just check the current draw of your pumps and make sure there's an interference supressor fitted, same for any motor.

Can't post links from phone but both those companies should help.

Rich

Philbyuk

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 08:31:11 pm »

Thanks Rich .. motors are  300 , 6-12 volts , unsure of Amps at mo will have to get tester out , suppression? , would that be capacitor soldered between terminals? ,, still learning here

Thanks. Phil

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 09:06:15 pm »

This one will do the job as long as the motors are rated at 3A or lower https://www.componentshop.co.uk/p44-universal-twin-switcher.html
It's the very latest version and I haven't had the chance to play with one yet, although I suspect I'm going to get one very shortly!
DaveM
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.