Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What prop do I use for these motors  (Read 603 times)

Stuart.Mc

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
What prop do I use for these motors
« on: January 29, 2024, 11:10:00 am »

Good Morning Guys, I am a lifelong aeromodeller who started Club 500 racing 3 years ago and have now started in fast electrics. Whilst I fully understand aeroplane setups I am a bit lost in the boating world and seek a little bit of advice if you can help.
I have two Dr Madthrust motors a 2960-2200kv and a 2970-3000kv and my question is what props and what number of lipo cells would you use with these motors on a fast electric model? 5 minute duration required.
Thank you for any help.

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What prop do I use for these motors
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 11:05:33 am »

Good afternoon Stuart,
You don't say which boats you will be racing, size wise, are there class rules to keep in mind?If the propulsion is submerged like the Club 500, or surface piercing (roostertail!) makes quite a difference in which propto choose.
Generally surface piercing props turn between 26000 and 35000 rpm under load, more is possible, but would make the powertrain rather in efficient, due to the small prop required.
Your 2200Kv motor is a typical 4-5S set-up (14,8 - 18,5V) with a Ø 40 - 42 mm surface piercing prop.The 3000Kv motor would be a 3-4-S set-up with similar, or smaller propsize.
Without more info, that's about as specific as I can get.
Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.