Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing sound from video  (Read 951 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Removing sound from video
« on: May 05, 2020, 02:47:13 pm »

I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove sound from a video before I put it on youtube? The original sound is just me shouting at the dog to stop barking, leave it alone etc.

RST

Re: Removing sound from video
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 03:04:46 pm »

I just googled  the question including VLC and this says it'll do it. When I used to edit movies for work offshore I used to use MS movie maker. Very easy to use and free to download. Microsoft replaced it with something rubbish -not the same.  I'd still recommend movie maker.

https://www.techjunkie.com/remove-audio-from-video/

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 03:38:36 pm »

Many thanks Rst, I will explore the options later, I thought this bit of text from the site you suggested was particularly appropriate, even though I didnt swear on the video, you can tell I nearly did, before I remembered I was videoing. Lol. 'or captures sounds we don’t want to hear like swearing or other interference' I have movie maker on ye olde laptop, I will try and get the video onto it and have a go. Thanks again, Andy

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 04:43:51 pm »

I see MS Movie Maker 2020 is available as a free download https://www.videowinsoft.com/videowin-movie-maker.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwncT1BRDhARIsAOQF9LnvA1zK6omTq4CrV180v7rEAQwtM_4CTF9qX_QRimGkc_LBEir1aawaAi1NEALw_wcB
For Win 10/7/8/XP

It looks like there were enough people who still wanted it, and didn't like the replacement Movie Creator.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

RST

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 10:09:05 pm »

Movie creator doesn't do what the predecessor did. But like MS picture manager got replaced with something downgraded. I like movie maker because it's relatively intuitive, unlike proper editors. I used to use it all the time as I was always editing diver hat cam footage offshore. It's still available as with picture manager.  Just be careful what source you get it from though -lots of dubious websites trying to download Trojans.  But if you run a proper virus checker it's no bother.  And no ads or other guff you get with allot of stuff now -proper program only obsolete because MS changed it for no reason at all!

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 21 queries.