Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accoms rec  (Read 1534 times)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
Accoms rec
« on: May 08, 2020, 04:36:49 pm »

had an acome receiver given to me but the 1 and 2 channel are  not  wide enough  battery slot ok

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
Re: acom rec
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 04:41:11 pm »

Some Servos have a little sticky out tab on the side of the plug that needs trimming off with a sharp scapel, then they will fit Acoms RX.

Len.

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 04:56:39 pm »

i it is the battery socket only 2 pins  not the 3 as usual 

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 09:00:51 pm »

If you are going to use it with an electronic speed control  (except Action or most Electronize) they supply power to the receiver with no need for a 4.8v battery to feed the Rx. If you need a plug to fit the hole it is called a JST Plug.
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 09:39:05 pm »

i it is the battery socket only 2 pins  not the 3 as usual

The battery only has 2 leads. The negative, usually black, normally goes to the bottom.
Don't Assume Check

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 11:19:58 am »

the receiver has 3 slots ch 1  ch 2 and 1 for power But the power 1 is only half the size of ch 1
2  and has only got 2 pins  not 3  like ch 1@2  can i cut one of the colours off the power pin  if so what colour  plain as mud

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 11:41:11 am »

the receiver has 3 slots ch 1  ch 2 and 1 for power But the power 1 is only half the size of ch 1
2  and has only got 2 pins  not 3  like ch 1@2  can i cut one of the colours off the power pin  if so what colour  plain as mud
In the old days when this receiver was made, you usually needed a receiver battery.  That job is nowadays usually done by the ESC, if it has a BEC inside it.  In cases like that, you don't plug anything into the "power" hole.
The servo/speed control slots need 3 pins each, two are for power, one for the control signal.
When the case of the plug has been trimmed to match the shape of the hole it is going to plug into, usually by slicing the tab off the side nearest the white (or nearest white) wire, it gets plugged in with the white furthest into the receiver, and the black nearest the outside edge.
If a receiver battery is needed, it only uses two wires, so only gets two pins, and a hole to just take that type of plug.  The commonest battery plug is red and shaped, the receiver usually has a shaped hole to accept this plug so that it can only plug in one way round, which is always, "black to the outside of the case. 
I'm runnng on memory here, its a long time since I looked at an Acoms radio.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Accoms rec
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 03:27:46 pm »

done all i could seems rec or esc is duff  red light comes on esc but servos do not work   thanks for all advice looking out for cheap  esc  and rec   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.