Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Airfix E boat  (Read 1797 times)

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
Airfix E boat
« on: May 10, 2020, 11:20:56 pm »

Been away from model boats for a while. I've got a 1/72 flower class on the go and I got a bit bogged down so as a bit of a refresher I made a start on this lovely old kit from airfix. All the superstructure bits are dry fitted and will be removed for painting (probably tomorrow). All in all this is a quick build and I'm really enjoying it.

Cheers
Sam

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws" - Douglas Adams

Dreadnought

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Airfix E boat
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:51:27 am »

Very nice!  :-)) :-))

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 10:13:13 am »

You have followed the same route as me, first a flower class then the e boat, I have another kit for conversion, that will make it 3 for me, the first as a static hand painted white, with shark teeth on the bow, the second with RC, its very slow and the new one still in storage needs Deans power plant to be useful.

Tried the Vosper 73ft, again mines slow and another in storage with a deans power plant needed, again 3 of the type with its first a static.

PT109 built as a static, with one in storage for building with a deans power plant.

Is the rear gun broke?
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 11:24:48 am »

Hi yes, the barrel of the rear gun is snapped but I'll sort it with something out of the spares box, I've got an old precision poly needle somewhere that might do if I've got nothing else.

Did a bit of spraying this morning and I'm really pleased with how it's come out considering I'm usually crap at painting
"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws" - Douglas Adams

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 06:51:13 pm »

I've been quite productive with this today. Just needs a little bit of detail painting and a couple of bits to be glued on and it's pretty much done. Also got to do the handrails too once I repair a couple of the stanchions that had snapped in the box.[/size]The rigging is done using bait cotton I got years ago when I used to regularly go fishing. Its a fine elastic and it was about £1 from the tackle shop if I remember right

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 05:15:40 pm »

I've finished the build in terms of paint and assembly. I do have decals for it somewhere I just have to find them. The next stage for me is varnish it and then weather it. I've seen good results with oils to simulate streaking so that's my next step. There's one or two slightly bent stanchions but I'm leaving them. I've seen many a boat come into the yard where I work with worse

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 03:24:05 pm »

Just found the old one I have needs a clean up and repairing though it is the static one. (and yes the bridge was fitted to far forward).

The corvette got moved as well to the workshop and again is in need of a clean up, need to open her up once out of the carrier, been in it for many years now.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 12:13:32 pm »

Due to some work around the house - having been in the loft / workshop several times, just noticed that the old white e-boat has damaged the working e-boat at the stern, namely the gun and flag pole.  >>:-(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.