Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permagrit build competition  (Read 2670 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Permagrit build competition
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2020, 08:18:30 pm »

Fair point Dave. The only thing is that you have to weigh up the cost against the amount of use you will get out of a tool.

I bought the smaller Wedge Block and use it all the time. Well worth the cost as it is very versatile. I would like a lot of the other tools but in all conscience I can't justify the cost against the amount of use I would get out of them in normal circumstances. If thy were cheaper then I might well buy them on the basis that 'it looks as if it could come in useful at some point'. Instead I tend to buy inferior but much cheaper products which meet my occasional needs. I suppose if my model output was more prolific things might be a bit different.

I find most things will yield to blunt butchery with a blade followed by applcations of various grades of abrasive paper... Finesse was never my modelling forte. (and filler remedies many errors).

Colin

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
Re: Permagrit build competition
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2020, 09:45:01 pm »

Back to the original topic. I have applied this morning and my request  has not been responded to. Despite competition starting on April 4th I can see no posts of any entrants? Is this for real or just to get you to view the pages dedicated to permagrit.

EDIT I've now found the categories and posts but cancelled my request
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.