Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panart/Mantua Anteo Steam Tug Build  (Read 47962 times)

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Panart/Mantua Anteo Steam Tug Build
« Reply #450 on: July 04, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »

Hi All

I've not been working on the boat too much lately as I've been doing the workshop up a bit but that's just about finished now.

Anyway I've made and fitted the 8mm x 2mm cap rail on the bridge.  I made it in the same way that I did the cap rail on the stern by making templates and assembling it off of the boat.  It took a few clamps to hold it in place whilst the glue dried.

I then made and fitted the lower trim which took some bending!  This is 2mm x 3mm and finishes the bridge off nicely

Next I needed to paint the navigation light boxes - so masking up

Airbrush the paint

The results

Thats it for now - the next jobs are too make all of the doors for the bottom of the superstructure and also make the brass work rails.

Mark  :-)

KNO3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #451 on: July 04, 2020, 12:58:13 PM »

Looking good! I hope you'll put some working lights / led's in the navigation light boxes.

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #452 on: July 06, 2020, 03:56:32 PM »

Hi KNO3 it would be nice but I won't be fitting any lights on this build!

I've now made the doors and shutters for the lower superstructure.  Unfortunately I forgot to put the brass work and hinges into my ageing solution so I can't complete them just yet.  The rebates for the hinges came out better this time - I guess practice makes perfect

I've also made up the railings in my usual way and drilled the holes in the superstructure for them to fit when I'm ready

The next job was to have a think about how to mount the superstructure on the hull.  I decided to fit some 4mm brass rod into the deck which is supported very well underneath by pear wood blocks.  These rods then slide into metal ferrules which I have epoxied into the superstructure.  It really doesn't need anything else as its a great fit but I'll probably put a magnet at the rear just in case.

I now need to have a good look at the plans as I'm getting to the point where I need to protect what I've done so far with some varnish.  I think there's a couple more jobs to do before that but I'll have a look.

Mark  :-)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up