Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harrier Jump Jet quick build  (Read 1041 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Harrier Jump Jet quick build
« on: May 13, 2020, 05:00:39 pm »

I have always wanted to build a harrier, so I decided to make a start the other night. I resized the plan I had and started cutting the 6mm depron fuselage,  3mm wings and tail surfaces. It didnt take very long. I then cut a hole just big enough to fit the quad frame into. I had to pull out one pod arm to get it through the body. A couple of spots of hotglue hold it in place. The wing was joined with 3mm balsa anhedral braces, which hold the board down too, the wing was slotted through and again held in place with hot glue spots. A slot was cut to hold the twin e-cigarette battery, it would fly with just one cell but not for as long, performance is good enough to carry the twin cell. A bit of paint and some tiny kebab stick missiles with card fins has it looking not bad. It flies well as there isnt much weight to it. I have still to paint markings on, draw on ailerons, flaps, rudder and elevators, but its 'flyable finished', the rest can be done at any time. I was going to make a 'proper' balsa harrier bodyshell for a wltoys v262 quadcopter, but this one will do for now. Video here
 https://youtu.be/F305REVP5yA

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: Harrier Jump Jet quick build
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 06:36:03 pm »

Cool, Like the Action Man one as well.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 07:32:10 pm »

Nice job Andy!

Is that drone maxed out with that setup... just wondering if a larger scale Harrier would look better.....

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 11:23:29 am »

My attempt at intakes, made from the clear packaging from doggy poop bags. Lol. Just the right size, my 3mm depron 'fan halves' could have done with being bigger diameter, I had cut them to use 2mm depron rolled around but my attempts at this failed with the depron looking like crocodile skin and still too springy to stick to the fan half. Ah well, if they ever fall off, I will make new bigger fan halves.
 Not a bad little project from some scraps of depron and some paint.  Had some fun buzzing the dog, I didnt mean to get too close but it was fairly windy so it was blown closer a couple of times. The dog does well resisting the urge to bite it and my other ones, jetranger etc. She has her own excersise quadcopter, its good for keeping my reactions sharp but she does take a bite out of it sometimes. It superglues back together nicely tho.😁

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 11:32:03 am »

The quad is a smaller one than jetranger etc, a syma x7, it could carry a bit more, but the flight times go down when you load them up. A bigger version would be nice, but I have a few other projects to finish off. My friend sold me a wltoys f949 receiver board that has 2 tiny servos and a socket for a 3rd servo. These boards work with my flysky transmitter, and they weigh 5.5g! I will post pics of the plane I built to use this board. Its got some issues just now but I am working through them. Promises to be a nice flier.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 12:42:53 pm »

Any pictures of the tiny servos etc with something to show for scale
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 05:36:45 pm »

I have posted pictures of it on my experimental canard post
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.