Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vic Smeeds River Princess  (Read 3948 times)

frazer heslop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Vic Smeeds River Princess
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2020, 06:46:18 pm »

:embarrassed: oops
Should have said Playing with a picture hosting site.

belli

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2020, 08:53:06 pm »

More photos I hope?
I would really like to see the process of building a hull such as this.  From the first saw cuts to the very last, I have tried watching a few videos but the full size techniques differ a little.

frazer heslop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2020, 10:46:02 pm »

On this model its probably better not to show the full horrors inflicted on the ply used for the planking.
This is just to get my hand back in and try and remember how to do a clinker plank on frame hull
I remade some of the planks to turn the bilge after altering and trimming back two of the formers and after a bit of a struggle the planking was finished
Have look at Pattern Maker building his Wide Awake build on this forum its a stunner
https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,30710.0.html

Also this one
https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32921.0.html

mrzippy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 10:42:10 am »

Hi Frazer, was this the hull where the epoxy didn't set ?  if so what a soul destroying shame !
I managed to use a brand new Stanley knife blade as a cabinet scraper to good effect, needed to be incredibly sharp,
suprised myself with the end results - an almost polished surface, but could I trust it long term -
ended up painting it !!  Paul

frazer heslop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2020, 02:52:05 pm »

Hi Paul, It is the hull that would not set . I made a simple scraper and did the same as you it took nigh on three days to get it all back of . It has always been the intention to paint her so any bits of filling Iv had to do to cover the odd slip with the scraper wont show at least .
I tried youre idea of heat and even swearing all to no avail
Nearly had to do the same again I have some spray paint that I was going to use then the niggles set in so I coated a bit of scrap ply left it for 24 hours and tried another coat .The whole lot crinkled just glad I tested it first. Most unlike me
Seem to be coming to a slow stop at the moment no materials and still under sister bacteria's lock in conditions .Dont know when I will get paroled
I found some bits of of metal so on making a prop assembly jig and I need to make a new trammel so that will keep me out of mischief for a day or two
 Im getting to like these wee builds just easier to handle and easier on the pocket. Funny when I had a smaller car I always struggled to get them in and out now Iv a van/car I make small boats
How is youre project coming on ? I like the design of that style of launch and look forward to seeing her .
This project is more to get back into boat building and to see what I actually need to get by and its used up a lot of those bits n bobs that clutter the place up
cheers
frazer

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.