Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie what have i done  (Read 1629 times)

timgee

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Newbie what have i done
« on: May 21, 2020, 01:08:29 pm »

Hi to everyone ,really pleased to join you all seem very friendly and I know I will get a lot of help. Am fairly new to model boat building ,I started about a year ago and built the Samson tug boat ,great learning curve and I was quite pleased not brilliant but not to bad .Next I got the Occre  Ulises ,this time I thought I would go for rc ,took 3 months and I was really pleased with the end result ,took it out to Busy park and was totally hooked straight away am 62 and boy do I wish I had discovered the joy of this wonderful hobby earlier but as they say never to late. Now what happened next is where I need some words of wisdom without to much laughing ,without giving any thought to it I bought the Caldercraft Imara ,yes I know what have I done ,as soon as I opened the box and tried to make head nor tail of the instructions I realized I have bitten off more than I can chew .After I got over that sick feeling of what have I done I thought no its done lets see what you can do ,started looking at different sites on the internet and came across Model boat Mayhem [hopefully my saviour] so any advice [remember no laughing, well maybe a little] will greatly appreciated .Kind regards Tim.     

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Newbie what have i done
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 02:06:01 pm »

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum, I am sure you will get all the help you need from the guys on here. You certainly went for it, I had a quick look at the Imara, 1400 pieces is quite a lot, but broken down into sub stages, I think you will manage fine, there may even be a build log on here or at least articles to help you through it.
 All the best with your project, I look forward to seeing photos of your progress. My latest boat is an 18.5cm scratch built tug, my main problem was fitting everything inside. I think your one will have a bit more extra space inside for the rc gear. Anyway, enjoy your build, Andy

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 02:10:03 pm »

Hi Tim
Welcome to the forum and to model boating.
Check out the Model Boat Mag forum site, I think you will find a few lads in you neck of the woods.
Both sites are very helpful with info.

Regards from Tasmania
Canabus

timgee

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 02:30:36 pm »

Thanks for your kind words ,I have already found a great build diary by Tafelspity which will be a great help and yes will keep you posted .Kind regards Tim

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 07:56:09 pm »

A word of advice... Never sit your model near a stove to dry your paint faster.....

timgee

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 09:01:23 pm »

ouch, I will remember that .Kind regards Tim 

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer

timgee

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 01:18:41 pm »

Thank you for the link ,much appreciated .Kind regards Tim

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 07:12:30 pm »

My Pleasure
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.