Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• Blackpool Model Show 2020: October 17, 2020 - October 18, 2020
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackpool Model Show 2020 - 17th-18th October  (Read 2372 times)

RMH

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Blackpool Model Show 2020 - 17th-18th October
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2020, 12:21:38 PM »

I would like to book a room but can't see the option on the website. Will this be available soon or do I need to contact you directly. Thanks

Mrs Stav

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 06:37:51 PM »

If Iain hasnít already replied, you need to book I believe though Iain himself to get the discount, if not though himself he will advise you how. Hope this helps

Kelly
Where's the cake ??? I only joined for the cake !!

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 11:50:01 PM »

I have been in further discussions with the hotel this week & it looks like we will be OK to hold the show. I am in the process of updating the web site & contacting clubs & traders etc, but unfortunately half of our staff have been furloughed due to the need to shield themselves, which means double the workload for the rest of us & that doesn't leave much time for the show. Hopefully the guys will be returning to work from next week & that will give me a bit of spare time.
There will be some changes to the show from the way it was done in previous years, the intention is to space things out much more so that we can maintain some form of social distancing, so expect a bit more walking as parts of the show will be in different rooms. I know that may not be ideal, however in these strange times we have to adapt & make some compromises.
For room bookings at the hotel please contact me directly, preferably by e-mail to info@component-shop.co.uk these can be reserved & paid for later (September) please do not use the booking & ticket sales on the show web site, these are disabled at present & will only be turned on when I am 100% sure that the show will go ahead. Look what happened in Leicester! If similar happened to Blackpool I would be forced to cancel & where tickets have to be refunded I end up paying a commission not only for the original sale, but also for the refund.
I find it incredible that the Blackpool show in October will effectively be the first show of the year (not counting the London Model Engineering Show in January) so I am hopeful that it can be made a great show & worth the wait, I certainly have a few goodies planned :-)

Iain Lewis,
Blackpool model Show Organiser

Bodger

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2020, 10:52:47 PM »

Just want to say thank you Iain. I am sure everyone will appreciate your efforts to get this show on. I am so looking forward to attending again along with fellow club members.
I think you are making this into the best show we have on the circuit and hope all our fellow modellers are able to attend and enjoy it.

Fingers crossed it will be on.

Andrew,
Derby MBC

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2020, 08:54:08 PM »

...Hi Guys...

We are going to book a Holiday Home at Cala Gran in Fleetwood again this year & travel back & forth all weekend by Tram...
We have done this the last few years and really enjoyed our weekend with the Family...See You There ...

...Best Regards...Norry Mason...GRMBC...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Kirklees MBC/ Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 10:24:11 PM »

Pretty sure overnight motorhome parking is still allowed at Fleetwood MBC  :-)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up