Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• Blackpool Model Show 2020: October 17, 2020 - October 18, 2020
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackpool Model Show 2020 - 17th-18th October  (Read 23739 times)

RMH

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Blackpool Model Show 2020 - 17th-18th October
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2020, 12:21:38 pm »

I would like to book a room but can't see the option on the website. Will this be available soon or do I need to contact you directly. Thanks

Mrs Stav

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 06:37:51 pm »

If Iain hasn’t already replied, you need to book I believe though Iain himself to get the discount, if not though himself he will advise you how. Hope this helps

Kelly
Where's the cake ??? I only joined for the cake !!

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 11:50:01 pm »

I have been in further discussions with the hotel this week & it looks like we will be OK to hold the show. I am in the process of updating the web site & contacting clubs & traders etc, but unfortunately half of our staff have been furloughed due to the need to shield themselves, which means double the workload for the rest of us & that doesn't leave much time for the show. Hopefully the guys will be returning to work from next week & that will give me a bit of spare time.
There will be some changes to the show from the way it was done in previous years, the intention is to space things out much more so that we can maintain some form of social distancing, so expect a bit more walking as parts of the show will be in different rooms. I know that may not be ideal, however in these strange times we have to adapt & make some compromises.
For room bookings at the hotel please contact me directly, preferably by e-mail to info@component-shop.co.uk these can be reserved & paid for later (September) please do not use the booking & ticket sales on the show web site, these are disabled at present & will only be turned on when I am 100% sure that the show will go ahead. Look what happened in Leicester! If similar happened to Blackpool I would be forced to cancel & where tickets have to be refunded I end up paying a commission not only for the original sale, but also for the refund.
I find it incredible that the Blackpool show in October will effectively be the first show of the year (not counting the London Model Engineering Show in January) so I am hopeful that it can be made a great show & worth the wait, I certainly have a few goodies planned :-)

Iain Lewis,
Blackpool model Show Organiser

Bodger

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2020, 10:52:47 pm »

Just want to say thank you Iain. I am sure everyone will appreciate your efforts to get this show on. I am so looking forward to attending again along with fellow club members.
I think you are making this into the best show we have on the circuit and hope all our fellow modellers are able to attend and enjoy it.

Fingers crossed it will be on.

Andrew,
Derby MBC

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2020, 08:54:08 pm »

...Hi Guys...

We are going to book a Holiday Home at Cala Gran in Fleetwood again this year & travel back & forth all weekend by Tram...
We have done this the last few years and really enjoyed our weekend with the Family...See You There ...

...Best Regards...Norry Mason...GRMBC...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 10:24:11 pm »

Pretty sure overnight motorhome parking is still allowed at Fleetwood MBC  :-)
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Detomo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2020, 04:33:51 pm »

do we need to notify fleetwood mbc that we can pitch for the night, and how do we contact them ?

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2020, 04:42:07 pm »

It’s just a car park but usually empty at night
Overnight booking and payment instructions are on a sign.
It’s local council controlled not the boat club
ANDY

Detomo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2020, 04:50:13 pm »

hi, thanks for the reply do know the post code for the carpark

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2020, 04:57:25 pm »

Laidleys Walk, Fleetwood FY7 7JA

ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2020, 05:05:43 pm »

When I parked in there facing the road there was a sign detailing payment of £5 overnight. I think central carpark also offers Motorhome parking

ANDY

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2020, 09:14:45 pm »

OK Folks the show is definitely on!
After much discussion with the hotel & others, we believe that we can put the show on in a safe (& legal) way. It will look a bit different to previous years as we will be taking additional rooms at the hotel in order to give us the space to keep people apart (social distancing) you can also expect some extra barriers & possibly one-way systems in place, plus lots of sanitiser etc.
I have sent details out to all the clubs that i have e-mail addresses for, however some may not be current addresses, or could be unreliable when it comes to mass mailings (eg hotmail) so if you are interested in exhibiting, either as a club or individual, please get in touch as soon as you can. This may very well be the only show of 2020, but hopefully it will still be a good one.
Ticket sales will be going live on the show web site in the next day or two, if you want to book hotel rooms that will also be going live on the web site, or you can contact me directly.
Iain Lewis
Show Organiser.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2020, 11:30:04 pm »

Hi Iain, have you seen the latest news regarding gatherings, will this have any affect ?.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2020, 11:39:34 pm »

Was going to ask the same question!

On a personal note, we have pretty much written off 2020 has having any shows at all.  To be honest, if Iain had decided to call off Blackpool this year I would have been the first to congratulate him.  The stress and cost to put on a 'normal' show there is almost a stress too much - to stage one under these present conditions is, maybe, a step too far - for anyone!

I would advocate cancelling this year - get the poop-show over and done with and reset the clock for next year.

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2020, 01:35:37 am »

That latest bit of news is something of a concern & may very well scupper the plans - another phone call to the hotel in the morning.
I was sitting on the fence for the longest time waiting for some sort of clear guidance as to what we could do with the show. Recent discussions have shown a way that the show could still go ahead, so I made the decision to go for it. The volume of questions we are getting every day from people wanting to come to the show certainly suggested that there was a significant desire for the show to go ahead. Additionally the traffic on the web site & facebook being already much higher than it has ever been before.
In any case I know that I am in a no win situation. If I put the show on there will be some who say that I shouldn't, whereas if I don't try to do it there will be plenty that say I should have.
Lets see what the powers that be have to say tomorrow & I will add an update once I have some news.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 09:52:16 am »

Due to Covid causing lot of things to change all over the country.
I am finding to do a lot of things you need to pre book and buy tickets online etc so the orginser can control numbers better. The old  deciding on the day and buying tickets on the door seams to not be happing much at the moment , which I can under stand .
With the Blackpool show will people be able to buy tickets on the door ? If so are you limiting the amount of people inside the show ?
John

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2020, 09:56:06 am »

Will the new law 14th September on social gatherings cause the show to be cancelled?
Only 6 people allowed Ina gathering, larger groups will be banned.

John

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2020, 11:06:53 am »

There is considerable ambiguity in the new law on social gatherings as it currently stands, which in theory is to be cleared up later today. It has been stated that there will be a number of exceptions & it believed (hoped?) that events such as the Blackpool Model Show would fall into a category of "hospitality" which would be exempt from the ruling.

I have spoken again with the hotel this morning & they are anxiously awaiting this clarification. If it really does end up that 6 or more people from different families cannot come together, then it would mean that the hotel would have to close again, as would pubs & restaurants, something which the government, in theory, doesn't want.
We just have to wait for further clarification.

john44

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2020, 12:40:09 pm »

Thanks Iain .

John

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2020, 03:21:01 pm »

What is very clear is that the government is controlling numbers and is not able to be interested in us as individuals. Even if legal that does not make it sensible.

The questions that I would ask is how are they going to guarantee sensible social distancing within the exhibition and any in any queue to get tickets + hygeine / sanitiser / cleaning.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2020, 05:18:27 pm »

Post Deleted as the more I read the new rules the less clear I am on them  %% %% %%   Have fun Iain sorting this one out  %% %%  but hope you manage something ..   

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2020, 05:34:33 pm »

Sorry folks, the show is now CANCELLED!

This is not because of the change in rules recently announced by the government, or because of any issue with the hotel, simply because so much support evaporated yesterday after the announcement that it became nonviable to have the show, simply, a whole bunch of people contacted me to say that they would not now be exhibiting.
The new rules do not mean that the show could not take place, as events like this are outside of their scope. The hotel have been incredibly supportive & had gone to extreme levels to make it possible to hold the show, but without enough exhibitors it just wouldn't work.
I'm really grateful to those who were still happy to support the show & I am truly sorry to disappoint you, but hopefully you understand why i had to cancel, honestly this was the last thing I wanted to do, I had really hoped we could have pulled it off & had a good weekend.
I asked the hotel if there were any free weekends in early spring time to see if a postponement would be possible, but alas, their next free weekend isn't until the end of May.
So, until October 2021, it looks like that is it for the Blackpool Model Show....

Iain Lewis
Thoroughly depressed Blackpool Model Show organiser.

Dean's Marine

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dean's Marine
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2020, 05:49:42 pm »

Sorry folks, the show is now CANCELLED!
This is not because of the change in rules recently announced by the government, or because of any issue with the hotel, simply because so much support evaporated yesterday after the announcement that it became nonviable to have the show, simply, a whole bunch of people contacted me to say that they would not now be exhibiting.
The new rules do not mean that the show could not take place, as events like this are outside of their scope. The hotel have been incredibly supportive & had gone to extreme levels to make it possible to hold the show, but without enough exhibitors it just wouldn't work.
I'm really grateful to those who were still happy to support the show & I am truly sorry to disappoint you, but hopefully you understand why i had to cancel, honestly this was the last thing I wanted to do, I had really hoped we could have pulled it off & had a good weekend.
I asked the hotel if there were any free weekends in early spring time to see if a postponement would be possible, but alas, their next free weekend isn't until the end of May.
So, until October 2021, it looks like that is it for the Blackpool Model Show....

Iain Lewis
Thoroughly depressed Blackpool Model Show organiser.

Hi Ian What a great shame it is not going to take place, hopefully 2021 will be even better
 Thank you for all your work putting the show and all the other jobs it entails, many are not aware of what goes on for the year before a show, very much appreciated by those who do know, Many thanks to you and the rest of the team
 enjoy the rest of the yearRegards
 Ron Dean
[/quote]

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2020, 06:03:03 pm »

I’m sorry to hear this as the work that you put into getting something like this organised must be immense. I was looking forward to the show but never mind I’ll be there next year.  Thanks Iain  :-))

john44

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2020, 06:49:32 pm »

Sorry to hear that Iain, a massive thanks to you and your team and anyone else who Helped you.
with trying to organise the show it could not have been easy.
Hope to see you next year.

John
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.