Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black Projects Rafale 2 piece jet  (Read 1146 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Black Projects Rafale 2 piece jet
« on: August 19, 2020, 10:06:57 pm »

I found this design online, ingenious and recognisable as a Rafale. All 3mm black depron construction. Very light for its size.

RST

Re: Black Projects Rafale 2 piece jet
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 09:22:17 pm »

Hi Andy,

Not to grab this thread but I know you were looking for white depron foam sheet but I can't remember what thread it was on now -the "Sports and Model Shop" in Dingwall I was in today just opened 2 big boxes of the stuff.  I think it was too thick though -I was saying to them you can't get the thin stuff now -but I said I would pass on their details so you can ask them yourself, just in case!

https://www.sportsandmodelshop.co.uk/

I think the guys name there is Andy, you can say Richard suggested a call -just in case it was any use.

Rich

RST

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 09:47:49 pm »

deleted -something funny went on with my phone

Rich

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 12:26:21 pm »

Thanks, I will get in touch, I actually managed to buy a small assortment, so I have been building a fleet of assorted aircraft, birds and flying people. 

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 06:19:23 pm »

Here is a video of my friend's rafale, built from 2mm white depron. Mine uses 3mm grey. He has more boards so got his version airborne first.
https://youtu.be/6YHmtCvCFYU

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 07:11:29 pm »

Having seen how well my friends version flew, and looking at my heavier painted version, I decided to build a slighly larger version but from thinner 2mm depron this time. Its 1.3x the size of his but only 4g heavier. It flies well but it is close to the max size I would try without any carbon or bamboo reinforcement. Plenty of power to wing it around or slow it up for slower stuff, ailerons still effective down to walking speed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.