Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dremel Stylus  (Read 749 times)

sabre

• Full Mayhemer
Dremel Stylus
« on: June 07, 2020, 04:49:43 pm »

Recently I went to use my Dremel Stylus which had been unused for ages but the battery was almost dead.   Stuck it on charge and went back some hours later but it only enough puff for a quick burst of speed then faded away.   So I stuck it on charge again and noticed that the led  was going out after around thirty seconds.   Time for expletives.   So I googled and it would seem that the problem is quite common and much to my surprise the fix is under a fiver.

It would appear that a 220uf - 25v capacitor goes faulty and if you look closely you will see that the top of the dark green one in the foreground has corrosion on the top and has swollen slightly.   These things are easy to replace at a cost of .99p and after the struggle to remove all the screws in the bottom of the charger the job was done in under ten minutes.

Just a word of caution, these things are polarity conscious and  there are negative markings on the side so they must go back the same as the faulty one.   If you don't they will just go pop when you power up again as I found out.   Just as well I ordered two.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.