Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jupiter Junior  (Read 964 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Jupiter Junior
« on: July 25, 2020, 09:27:31 pm »

I picked off the one small blob of glue that was holding the board in my ridge runt and fitted it in this, my mini version of a Jupiter Junior. I made the wings from my recycled depron, hence the scars under the wings. The wings fold too, so it packs up even smaller. The machine gun at the front is some reinforcement for the front wing dowel (section of cocktail stick). The tailplane is slotted into place. I have the controls set at max movements just now, looks a bit much but I can adjust throws easily. Nice addition to my tiny plane collection, will see how it flies before I decide whether to paint it or not. The pilot is made from a bit of ice cream tub and is based on my friend James. Lol.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Jupiter Junior
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 09:28:59 pm »

More pics

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 05:50:54 pm »

Turns out it flies nice, pretty stable, but capable of extreme maneuvers. It does loops that are under 2ft diameter. And 6 ft diameter barrel rolls, I may be able to get them tighter than this with some practice. It needed a bit of down elevator, if I built another one I would increase the tailplane angle.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 06:16:33 pm »

The Jupiter Junior has a good pedigree.  Looking at the first picture how does the motor drive work? It doesn't seem to be 2 wires and a motor with a prop on the front.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 11:47:47 am »

It does have a motor at the front, the prop is quite hard to see against the background. The excess motor wires are coiled behind the motor and taped down with fibreglass packing tape.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.