Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waverley  (Read 1151 times)

sabre

• Full Mayhemer
Waverley
« on: June 29, 2020, 05:17:22 pm »

Since mid March i've been plodding along with my first attempt at scratch building.    The hull is constructed from 2mm lyte ply which was cut into 10mm strips with 3mm used in the ribs.   The keel is a 10 x 18mm stick from a diy place that just happened to be lying around. It was intended  for another job somewhere in the house but it was diverted to the project.   The deck is from a better quality birch ply.   My intentions are to coat both the inside and outside of the hull with polyester resin hoping that that will waterproof it and also add a little strength to it.    Getting close to installing something to make it move but i'm not bothered if it ever gets as far as the water as I prefer the building side of things.   After going to all the effort of cutting out the windows in the hull I decided that it had weakened the structure so much and could be damaged too easily so some 1mm ply was used to recover the window openings.
Overall length is around somewhere around 54" or should I say 1371mm.   Next job is the steps at the back of the wheelhouse and at the rear of aft cabin but that's after I finished making the deck seating.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: Waverley
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 05:30:08 pm »

Some lovely planking there.  :-))
Don't Assume Check
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.