Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mountfleet Models St Nectan or the Sir Lancelot to build?  (Read 1183 times)

wrasse

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Mountfleet Models St Nectan or the Sir Lancelot to build?
« on: June 26, 2020, 09:18:44 pm »

Hello All
   I am looking at purchasing one on Mounfleet Models kits. I am looking at the St. Nectan or the Sir Lancelot. Has anyone built both? I am wanting the one with the most detail when finished. I am also looking to see if they would look okay without any weathering done to them as I have absolutely no talent for weathering although I do much prefer the weathered look. Any opinion and or photos on either would be greatly appreciated.

Georgeconna

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Mountfleet Models St Nectan or the Sir Lancelot to build?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 08:15:19 pm »

Just plumed for the Sir Lancelot last week myself, it was a toss up between the Caldercraft Schaarhorn, Mountfleet Admiralty  Coaster or the Sir Lancelot.

Sir Lancelot won the toss as it has some guns!, I had the Coaster Talacre and did not fancy another type plus did not fancy painting the white on the Schaarhorn.

I might get the Schaarhorn at a later stage to remind me of my visits to Hamburg.

I did some trawling on all, Nothing build wise on the Schaarhorn or the Coaster on the net but some nice builds on the Sir Lancelot on the net to assist mine. https://www.modelboats.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=28650&p=15

Weathering wise loads on the net to help you just do small bits of practice before comittal. Dont be afraid you can always paint over it.

Some lads are saying Sir Lancelot is not worth the cash, just to get the hull and do the rest yourself. IT certainly is on the top end of the price specturm but getting the hull is fine if you live next to a model shop. I don't so plumped for the whole kit. I'll top upon the bling bits I need as I go along.

Lets hope I can do it justice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.