Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ni-MH Advice Please  (Read 1744 times)

bigbilly

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Ni-MH Advice Please
« on: June 27, 2020, 11:07:11 am »

I am a complete novice !

I have been given a Pro Boat Volere launch which is several years old now for which I need a new battery.

The original battery I have is now discontinued and was replaced in later models.  The battery I have is a Pro Boat 8.4V 1600 mAh 'hump back' with, I believe, Tamiya connector.  Part no. PRB3051

Where would be the best place to look for one or is there a suitable alternative.  It would have to be fairly small and this shape as space is rather limited or is there an easy conversion I could do ?

Many thanks.

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
Re: Ni-MH Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 11:23:17 am »

This is a popular and reliable UK supplier. All of the dimensions of each pack are shown if you click the blue Learn More link. The pack I've linked to seems to be an exact replacement for the Pro Boat one, although they are temporarily out of stock. You could E-Mail them to ask when more are expected or if they could make one up for you
https://www.componentshop.co.uk/8-4v-1600mah-nimh-2-3a-flight-battery-pack-hbz1013.html

DaveM

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 11:38:45 am »

Hi bb, I must totally agree with mr DM, Ian and the team at component shop are brilliant and
I have no doubt they can sort your problem out.

John

bigbilly

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 12:59:41 pm »

This is a popular and reliable UK supplier. All of the dimensions of each pack are shown if you click the blue Learn More link. The pack I've linked to seems to be an exact replacement for the Pro Boat one, although they are temporarily out of stock. You could E-Mail them to ask when more are expected or if they could make one up for you
https://www.componentshop.co.uk/8-4v-1600mah-nimh-2-3a-flight-battery-pack-hbz1013.html

DaveM
That's the one Dave.

Thanks very much - appreciated.  Bill.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.