Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copycat tiny trainer  (Read 2533 times)

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Copycat tiny trainer
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2020, 04:36:46 pm »

....................................I videoed this while flying with my other hand.
Good job that you fly mode 2!

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2020, 02:05:08 pm »

I need to make an attachment to fit my phone on my transmitter, it fits on my quad transmitters but the flysky has a rectangular aerial housing. Will work something out. I have a complete quad transmitter case spare, I might cut the whole aerial housing and rubber stub off that and try and get a solid fitting bit that attaches to the flysky carry handle? Its a handy feature to have, my phone case has the other half of the system on it already, a flip out stand with a hole drilled in the bottom of it, works a treat. Just need to practice flying and aiming the camera at the same time.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2020, 06:39:09 pm »

The tiny cub got a flight using my newest syma x7 quadcopter battery. It hasnt been used in the small wasp, I am sure the extra weight of its body has had a bad effect on the two batteries I did use in it. The tiny cub is a nice flier, quarter throttle pootles it around nice and slow. I was even confident enough to fly down within a foot of the river surface then back down along the riverbank. Wheels are the finishing touch, adding some substance to its head on view. Profile fuselage looks pretty good considering its only 6mm. Got a battery hanging out one side and the board on the other side, so you can see it coming towards you quite easily. I quite fancy a set of floats now. Lol.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2020, 11:09:34 pm »

I was thinking of 3d printing a frame that would stay in each plane, to accept the F949 board, with quick release clip. The way I am doing it with 2 or 3 blobs of hot glue ( only 1 required in ridge runt) is actually easy enough to change over, 5 minutes or so. If that. I am waiting on more boards coming from china, so changing boards over shouldnt be required as much.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 09:21:16 am »

Velcro + locating pins?
I think that the difference in our approach reflects the difference in our ages!

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2020, 09:44:57 pm »

The only reason I thought of 3d printing a holding frame was so it would be repeatable. I think the hotglue blobs are good enough just now. Easy to apply and easily picked off when required. And its probably lighter than a 3d printed attachment.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.