Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: bristol pairs  (Read 7275 times)

kurt cave sikk 27

bristol pairs
« on: October 07, 2007, 09:45:46 pm »

well,what a day we had today,such,such good fun running our boats at bristol,water was spot on,and i managed to give the old apachee a good run.i think everybody had a really good time today and i would like to thank everybody that was there for making it so nice.its always good to meet up and have fun ;D O0

pete_486

Re: bristol pairs
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 10:00:30 pm »

well meet up at trafford water park, and join the club, or just come and put your boat on the water.
http://www.traffordmodelboatclub.co.uk/

thedevil

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:16:10 pm »

kurt mate i couldnt agree with u more it was a great day with the added bonus of nice weather. ;D

omra85

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 10:45:34 pm »

Come on then lads - I want a blow by blow account of who did what  O0

Danny

thedevil

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 10:48:40 pm »

i came fourth and i wanted a third lol :'( oh and thanks for the advice it helped

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 11:01:36 pm »

i dont know where i came,just had a dame good time,had a little brush up with tony ellis,s boat,couldnt be helped,put the new boat on at dinnertime,boy that thing will fly when i sort it out,anyway danny,mark cop and gary darch came first,surprise.surprise,i think nigel and robin came third and nigel and somebody else came second and nigle got highest laps of the day with that ocean 52 boat,hes got that thing sorted now and boy does it go mate,you missed one hell of a good fun day mate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,looking forward to next year now {-) O0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 09:24:50 am »

What no video ?  ;)

ids987

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 12:32:21 pm »

I enjoyed myself - despite the boating.
My pairs partner (new member here - Bill D203) did the driving - thanks again Bill.
As we arrived in Bristol, I got that horrible sinking feeling that I'd left something important behind - in this case my starter box - containing starters, starting and glow batteries, glow-clip and fuel pump :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
Thanks to a couple of kind fellow racers, we (I) managed to get going though - most grateful.
I went first, and probably managed 30+ uninterrupted laps before cutting out when throttling - found a crisp bag and blamed it on that. Bill had a similar spell before developing radio problems, and that pretty much describes the rest of the race for us. From then on, I couldn't manage more than a few laps without cutting out when throttling back. Bill had another couple of short spells before his radio packed in completely. Later (and safely back home), I discovered a water leak at the water jacket o-ring on my CMB45. Also, compression loss caused by burnt-out head shims. Pretty sure the water leak caused the cutting out problem (water into the carb).

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 12:58:46 pm »

sorry to hear about your problems ,as for forgetting starting gear etc i think thats another reason to go gas instead of nitro  ;D all you need to remember then is yer radio and yer boat and a full tank of fuel will last you a good hr or so  O0.mind you that depends how big the tank is hehe  ;D.

ids987

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 03:11:12 pm »

sorry to hear about your problems ,as for forgetting starting gear etc i think thats another reason to go gas instead of nitro  ;D all you need to remember then is yer radio and yer boat and a full tank of fuel will last you a good hr or so  O0.mind you that depends how big the tank is hehe  ;D.
It was all good clean fun. More importantly (as far as I'm concerned anyway), most if not all who were there treated it as fun. Some impressive boats on display (Kurt's new one, Nigel's rocket boat), as well as some good results from some much less extravagant boats.
I didn't think you could resist those "pro-gas" comments  ;) but even a gas boat needs fuelling up in the first place......
I was quite grateful when I found the knackered head shims - I thought I needed a new piston and liner.
Our own Simon did pretty well with his pairs partner Andy. They probably would have been in the top few, but for some problems of their own.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 04:09:16 pm »

Haha sounds like you all had a good time and thats what its all about,i was just messing with yaa  O0.

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 05:22:52 pm »

What no video ?  ;)
im not sure if any videos where taken on the day,im sure there will be,

thedevil

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 05:27:18 pm »

hi i have plenty of photos if thats any good?

bigtee

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 08:01:42 pm »

kurt , good to see you and the others what a good day , both the racing and the weather were spot on had a few small problems with my boat but we as a pair got 120 + laps . your apache was running great and sounding bang on tune !!!!! see you in 5 weeks
tony 

omra85

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 08:32:11 pm »

Glad to hear you all enjoyed racing in a 'friendly' way. It's a bit different from the usual stuff but good practice for endurance and reliability.
Also glad to hear they all rallied round for Ian (I've NEVER done anything like that - he lied unconvincingly) - I would expect nothing less from OMRA guys. It's a sort of 'pride' code - if you can't win fairly, there's no point in winning at all!
Congrats on the 4th place Tony - no mean feat!
Some photos would be nice.

Dont forget there's another race at Kingsbury on 11th Nov (frostbite job??) so get your entries to Robin early on 0121 243 1532.
There's only Penzance and Kingsbury before the winter hibernation!  (and the dreaded AGM) :o :o :o

Danny

thedevil

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 08:41:03 pm »

hi i came in fourth danny mate. although i think there was a joint 4th so im not to sure  :D

omra85

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 08:50:18 pm »

Ah - so you're not 'Tony' then?  Oh well, it was worth a guess.
Well done anyway "Toy"

Danny
Ps If you put your first name in your profile, I'd know what to call you (on a less formal basis than 'Toy Boater')  O0

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 08:54:16 pm »

Hi All,

I think we came in as the other joint 4th.

Slight problem with my team mate and his interpretation of the rules. Spent to much time at the dark side, circuit racing.

Thought you had to wait for the dead boat to be returned before putting his on the water, doh! Lost about 7 laps!

Still he has been kicking himself and he owes me a trophy! Have notr come home empty handed so far!

See you at Penzance!

Simon
Rubbin is Racin!

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 08:56:45 pm »

Ah - so you're not 'Tony' then?  Oh well, it was worth a guess.
Well done anyway "Toy"

Danny
Ps If you put your first name in your profile, I'd know what to call you (on a less formal basis than 'Toy Boater')  O0

Just like you have omra ? :-\
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

thedevil

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 08:59:37 pm »

hi danny i have a name now  ;D

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 09:04:09 pm »

hay simon.i might do penzance,im not sure i want to hand over our 5th place to you without making you work for it.just rebuilding radio box in the old girl,checking things over as i havent done anything to it apart from new top end in a year or so,bristol was a laugh.racing for fun with my OWN boat just made it a good day,it was nice to meet up with most of the gang again,looking forward to seeing tonys boat sorted,that thing will fly with that engine in it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, O0 {-)

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 09:11:36 pm »

kurt , good to see you and the others what a good day , both the racing and the weather were spot on had a few small problems with my boat but we as a pair got 120 + laps . your apache was running great and sounding bang on tune !!!!! see you in 5 weeks
tony 
thankyou tony.i do try ,your boat will be one fast boat mate,i cant wait for you to get it sorted,,,,,,  O0 it put a smile on my face anyway....... ;D ;D it really was a good day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hats of to bernard for such a good job O0                    please check out www.traffordmodelboatclub.co.uk                and have a look around our site,,,,, O0 O0

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 09:13:41 pm »

Thought you might change your mind!

Don't worry about the points, with the way things have been going lately. It may well look the part but thats about it. Broke a servo at Bristol as well

Don't know what it is about these radio boxes but mine is wet too. Bought a proper water proof one this time and it leaks!

This is the last chance for it, if not i will build my own as part of the boat.

Regards

Simon
Rubbin is Racin!

thedevil

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 09:34:32 pm »

hi i can mould any size radio box in any colour in fibre glass if u let me know what size i can sort 1 out for you

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 10:18:48 pm »

hi danny i have a name now  ;D
Thats your 3rd name in 2 days  ;D.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.