Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equivalent to Acto C5 for Aeronaut Jenny  (Read 1995 times)

rich_morris

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
Re: Equivalent to Acto C5 for Aeronaut Jenny
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 01:38:24 am »

Hi Rich

I am using a Banggood Surpass C3542- 1250 kv (850Watts on 4S) 70Amp ESC on the same size boat.

I tested it on 3S and 4S.
3S it was very fast.
4S it was a total rocket !!!

Canabus

rich_morris

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 06:38:42 am »

Hi Rich

I am using a Banggood Surpass C3542- 1250 kv (850Watts on 4S) 70Amp ESC on the same size boat.

I tested it on 3S and 4S.
3S it was very fast.
4S it was a total rocket !!!

Canabus

Thanks Cannabis.

Do you think this is "too much" motor for the boat then? I plan to run it on 3s batteries.

https://www.overlander.co.uk/rc-motors/3536-05-1500kv-tornado-thumper-v3-brushless-outrunner-rc-motor.html

Regard

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 08:40:46 am »

Hi Rich

I think the 1050-kv ones would suit the props better and they have a bit more power(408 against 442 Watts).
They look like detuned Surpass motors!!!

Note the power rating is on the higher voltage.

If the ESC's can handle 4S you can upgrade later( or borrow some batteries for a test run).

Canabus

rich_morris

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 09:09:43 am »

Hi Rich

I think the 1050-kv ones would suit the props better and they have a bit more power(408 against 442 Watts).
They look like detuned Surpass motors!!!

Note the power rating is on the higher voltage.

If the ESC's can handle 4S you can upgrade later( or borrow some batteries for a test run).

Canabus

Thanks again. They do look very similar to the Surpass motors.
Following an order from another well known overseas supplier, I'm inclined to purchase in the UK. I'll be buying a couple of batteries too, so the post can be combined.

Which boat do you have your motors in, if you don't mind me asking?

I'll try the 1050kv version. I was contemplating that too, as that was a recommendation for another similar sized boat. (Lesro Arrow at SLEC)

Rich

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Oxford Model Boat Club
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 09:48:31 am »

Re the Slec Arrow, I bought the 3536/8  1000Kv that SLEC recommend on their site, but they also say it needs a 3mm to 4mm coupling - the 3536 has a 5mm shaft, and on the plan the motor appears to be a 2830 (I have a couple of these which do have 3mm shafts). Mine is not finished yet, but I am planning to use a 2836 1100kv motor as I have a couple lying about which were far too powerful in a 3ft Robbe police boat (2 motors) running on just 7.2 volts.

I'd also add, in case you haven't started it yet, that the Arrow needs careful handling, after assembling the keel it is very fragile where the spaces for the bulkheads are  - just 2mm lite ply which breaks very easily. I currently have a two piece keel which I will re-join as I add the bulkheads.
Ruining perfectly good kits since 1969.

rich_morris

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 10:14:48 am »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that info.

I added the Arrow to the conversation, as it's an example of  a similar sized boat. I'm not building one yet.

The selection of motors and props is a bit of a challenge for me at the moment.

I'll try the 3536 1100kv motor, with a 40mm 3 blade prop, and see how that goes. It can always be changed later, and I'll have learned something! Just looking for a place to start for now.

Rich

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 10:36:41 am »

Hi Rich

I did use Hobbyking for years, but the product range for boat/car bits has drop off far before Corona !!!!!

So I still get some stuff, but, more so from Banggood.

Just ordered a Lipo, super glue and 10mm magnets from Hobbyking.

As for the Arrows the 1250kv on 4S with a 32mm 2/3 blade prop.

I have a lot of posts on Model Boat Forum including 2 Huntsman, 2 Hellen's, 2 Perkasa's, 1 Eileen, 1 Julieth4, 1 Corona Cabin Cruiser(ex Perkasa), 1 tug , Sea Hornet and a SG&K 1920 Gentleman's Runabout.

As I live down in Tasmania, Australia we have a very limit supply of model boat stuff.

The cost to get parts from England is too much( mainly freight and import costs.

Canabus

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 11:58:51 am »

Following an order from another well known overseas supplier, I'm inclined to purchase in the UK. I'll be buying a couple of batteries too, so the post can be combined.
I can recommend from personal use the Leopard range of brushless motors stocked by Component-Shop. I've also had good reports of the Tornado Thumper range sold by Overlander. These are both UK suppliers who have been around for a long time and have an excellent reputation for sales and service. Both also sell batteries and chargers etc.

Dave M

rich_morris

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 12:19:10 pm »

I can recommend from personal use the Leopard range of brushless motors stocked by Component-Shop. I've also had good reports of the Tornado Thumper range sold by Overlander. These are both UK suppliers who have been around for a long time and have an excellent reputation for sales and service. Both also sell batteries and chargers etc.

Dave M

Thanks for the recommendations!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.