Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my lynx  (Read 3074 times)

thedevil

my lynx
« on: October 07, 2007, 10:18:50 pm »

hi everyone i have a prestwich lynx, and i was wondering if you could click on the link below to see it going and tell me what you think of it in comparison to the new sigma? thanks her is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1hn_Zsixwg

kurt cave sikk 27

Re: my lynx
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 10:39:09 pm »

hi mate,which sigma?dave miles or gary popes??dave sigme will out run your boat,beleave me.we have had dave at our lake and that sigma of his must be doing 70 mph,as for garys boat,well,he has won the championship with it,so that has to count for something,as you know a fast boat is only fast on its own,when theres 7/8 more boats on the water its not always the fast boat that wins,boat looks good though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,regards kurt

thedevil

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:43:39 pm »

hi kurt ive had mine on the gps at 63.3mph but i can tell you know more than 3 boats and its uncontrolable

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 09:29:05 am »

boat looks great mate what motor ?,i think w3bby had one of those and they are fast but im sure the sigma whichever one you choose will be a step up in performance  ;).How does it compare to the seaquell hull ? .

thedevil

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 04:24:54 pm »

hi what is a sequell hull? and the engine is a zenoah 260 that ive played with  ;)

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 04:39:18 pm »

Hello Toy Boater.

The Seaquell hulll is one that Martin has built. There is a thread somewhere here on it. I run the Panther from Prestwich and it goes well with my modified Zenoah, not sure on actual speed but it goes well enough for me. I have seen that the new Sigma being reported by Dave Marles at 60mph. Fast. They have had success racing off shore. So from that it would indicate that the hull is stable enough in rough and busy water.  :D

Glenn

thedevil

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 05:09:41 pm »

could i have a link to the seaquell?

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 05:57:04 pm »

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 06:01:40 pm »

The L ynx is a fast boat alright but as you have discovered it can be a handful O0 I was running consistently around 56-60 by myself but with other boats or on lumpier water 50-55 was controllable.
I have now have a Sigma but haven't had much time on the water with it unfortunately. First impressions, just as fast, more stable.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 06:02:31 pm »

hi what is a sequell hull? and the engine is a zenoah 260 that ive played with  ;)
the seaquell is the hull you say you have with a webra .90 in it? asuming youres is a stepped mono like mine? O0.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 06:04:28 pm »

The L ynx is a fast boat alright but as you have discovered it can be a handful O0 I was running consistently around 56-60 by myself but with other boats or on lumpier water 50-55 was controllable.
I have now have a Sigma but haven't had much time on the water with it unfortunately. First impressions, just as fast, more stable.
Ian is youres the offshore sigma or the other version?,i see kurt and pete think daves sigma is doing 70 mph with the zen 7  :o!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.