Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Other Technical Questions...

Flattening a new cutting mat

(1/4) > >>

Mark T:
Hi All

Any ideas on how to flatten a brand new A1 size cutting mat??  It was delivered folded in two and no matter what I've tried I just cannot get it to lay flat.  This is what. I've tried so far

1. Covering with a damp cloth and then ran a steam iron over the top.  I've done this about 5 times which has improved it but its still a bit lumpy
2. Putting it in a hot bath of water and then putting books etc on it which made no difference
3. Left it out in the sun to warm up and then put books etc on it which made no difference

Any ideas would be most appreciated

Mark

TheLongBuild:
Either put in hot water and then flatten out, or put in the sun and then flatten out, have done both and bothe worked for me.

TheLongBuild:
Sorry should have read the whole post, see you have tried that, strange they did not work.

Howard:
What about playing a hot air gun over it carefully  or put on a flat tray and put in the oven  at about 110c and slowly go up 10c at a time which two brain cell sent it folded.
            Regards Howard.

Martin (Admin):

I had to leave mine on the floor for a week....  {:-{

What about supporting something under the crease so it starts to anneal back the other way?

Is it creased or stressed at the fold?   If so, just request a return, you'll never fix it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version