Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Darwin Awards for 2020  (Read 2576 times)

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Darwin Awards for 2020
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2020, 11:05:11 am »

Dave,
When you think you have found the lowest common denominator of human life, look behind you and you'll always find somebody busily digging even deeper.
Slainte,
Barry M

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2020, 12:02:16 pm »

Dave,
When you think you have found the lowest common denominator of human life, look behind you and you'll always find somebody busily digging even deeper.
Slainte,
Barry M
I saw a quotation recently from a wise old writer. "Just think of the intelligence of the average (insert desired nationality here) and then realise that at least 50% of that nation are stupider than that!"
I rest my case, M'Lud.
DM

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Oxford Model Boat Club
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2020, 12:12:22 pm »

I was given a list and sent to the local Sainsbury's today - at a rough estimate, 20% of the people there (staff and customers) were wearing masks. I was one of the 20%.

Last time I went (couple of weeks ago) I was also wearing a mask and was amazed when someone greeted me by name. I must have distinctive eyebrows, or something!
Ruining perfectly good kits since 1969.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2020, 01:29:19 pm »

Yesterday me and the family went to a local eatery to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and its the first time I have worn a mask whilst 'Out', mainly because I don't drive to the shops but walk, the stores we go to are usually quiet as it's not at peak times, this time, we didn't know how busy it would be, then the wife said its a booked table, so the numbers in there were few a far between - literally.

When I go back to work, it's mandatory to wear one all the time, which I have no problem with as I don't want people to catch what I may be unknowingly carrying, I would hope that others would have the same attitude that they would not want to catch / pass on anything.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

tr7v8

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2020, 02:56:46 pm »

I wrote this a few hours ago on a FB site I moderate.

Wife is an RGN & full barrier nursing trained. She says that unless you have instruction in wearing a mask & for that matter gloves then most people shouldn't wear one. And this is echo'd by people a lot more qualified than me, in other words case is N[/color][/size]OT proven. Lots of theory but the practice doesn't apply. I was in Maidstone yesterday most muppets couldn't manage social distancing so how the hell we expect them to wear a mask in accordance with instructions I have no idea. I must have seen a few hundred people yesterday & around 10-15 were wearing masks including us[/font]
Jim

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2020, 03:03:35 pm »

Observation - Are people commenting here so in favour of masks because they are in the high risk age group?     Why now, after we've been ok without them for months and the peak time was mid March?        If the death rate is plummeting (but more testing = more people discovered so an apparent case blip)  so why this step?     And why on the 24th?   If it's such a problem, why not right now?         It all seems a bit random and not very scientific.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2020, 09:00:58 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2020, 09:01:26 pm »

OK..... we can see where this starting to go....

Original point has been made and rebutted, lets leave it here for now.   :police:

Mask up England!

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.